Archived Topic

Holmoe is putting together quite a staff.

by stuckinbig10country · 12/26/2015

Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
A quote from Ty this week was "it will be nice to meet coach Sitake."



Does this concern anyone beside me?



Also, the Ed Lamb hire is probably the best one since Bronco left.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYULV
stuckinbig10country wrote:
A quote from Ty this week was "it will be nice to meet coach Sitake."



Does this concern anyone beside me?



Also, the Ed Lamb hire is probably the best one since Bronco left.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Doesn't worry me. Why shouldn't Stiake and Holmoe be working on this together? Sitake is new to the head coaching gig and doesn't have as thick a Rolodex as Holmoe. Who would we get as OC if we only picked from guys Sitake knows? Probably one of those UorU OC washouts?
S
SpiffCoug
Holmoe basically also hired Anae back in 2005 for Bronco as well.
C
Cougs_Rule
This is not surprising. Spiff is right about Anae. And I called this awhile ago. I would bet money he has been after Ty for quite awhile. But Ty has said himself that he wasn't coming for anything less than something significant. And why not. He is the captain of the Offensive ship--and probably getting a decent salary through Coaches Circle donors who are fed up with ANAE.

Surprised? Nope

Concerned? Although maybe there is a need for cautious optimism, I don't think so. TH has made very good hires so far and I don't see that ending now. While I balk and bark at TH for the difficult schedule next year, I get it is a big gamble. And while it is a little unconventional for the AD to have such influence in the hiring of Asst coaches, in this case I think it is very calculated. He has known Bronco was headed out as soon as a strong offer came in and he hasn't been twiddling his thumbs for the last two years.

Other than Ken N playing TH and BYU pretty good (did the BoT really want Ken N? Maybe TH

Aged Ken N??), but after KW (No way we came up w enough $ and not sure KW would even want BYU anyway) then he knew he could probably get KS and Ty.
F
frdbtr
I'm not concerned. I have a feeling that Kilane is more interested in recruiting right now anyway. Plus, I am certain that he is not out of the loop on this stuff, I'm sure him and Holmoe are in very close communication on these hires.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
I would guess you just means he is excited to meet him in person. I doubt with the holidays and everything else right now he has come to Utah yet.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Coach Sitake was here in UT on the 22nd. Guessing he's on the trail, in discussion with TH, and just a busy bee all around.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.