Archived Topic

Ed Lamb next coach hired!

by scott715 · 12/25/2015

Advertisement
D
Ddawg
That would be a smart move for Sitake and BYU. I hope it happens. Coach Lamb is a winner. Everywhere he goes his team responsibility gets better.
S
scott715
680660369577095168
Advertisement
S
Screamineagle
For as discouraged as I was about my fandom and the team when Bronco announced he was leaving Sitake seems to be surrounding him self with good assistants that I know of and like and should be capable long term of doing really well. The recruits seem to be sticking around and a few new ones seem to be interested.My Ute fan friends are getting worried. I am starting to get excited to see what they can do.Good luck to them all.
G
Guest
Ed Lamb is a very good hire for this BYU staff. He will pay big dividends off for BYU. I'm extremely excited to have him on board.
S
SenorCougar
Living in utah, I know of him. Assistant Head Coach? What makes him the diamond in the rough? or so much better than another assistant like Kaufusi, Doman, or Chad Lewis?



What about Omar Morgan in the defensive backfield? Or Kyle's brother, Carey Whittingham? Doesn't he coach locally? Matt Bellini? Jason Buck? Kirk Pendleton? One of the best centers to play at BYU - Bart Oates?
S
Schmoe
SenorCougar wrote:
Living in utah, I know of him. Assistant Head Coach? What makes him the diamond in the rough? or so much better than another assistant like Kaufusi, Doman, or Chad Lewis?



What about Omar Morgan in the defensive backfield? Or Kyle's brother, Carey Whittingham? Doesn't he coach locally? Matt Bellini? Jason Buck? Kirk Pendleton? One of the best centers to play at BYU - Bart Oates?


Because he's a proven and successful coach, not just a former player.
Y
Ygridiron4ever
SenorCougar wrote:
Living in utah, I know of him. Assistant Head Coach? What makes him the diamond in the rough? or so much better than another assistant like Kaufusi, Doman, or Chad Lewis?



What about Omar Morgan in the defensive backfield? Or Kyle's brother, Carey Whittingham? Doesn't he coach locally? Matt Bellini? Jason Buck? Kirk Pendleton? One of the best centers to play at BYU - Bart Oates?


Read this:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865644449/The-legacy-of-Lamb-BYU7s-new-assistant7s-success-at-SUU-came-on-and-off-the-field.html?pg=all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Advertisement
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
hawkwing wrote:
Ed Lamb is a very good hire for this BYU staff. He will pay big dividends off for BYU. I'm extremely excited to have him on board.

What's the rationale?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
TulaneVandyRiceCoug wrote:
Ed Lamb is a very good hire for this BYU staff. He will pay big dividends off for BYU. I'm extremely excited to have him on board.

What's the rationale?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


HC experience, not only experience but taking a team and turning them around into top contenders.
S
SenorCougar
Ygridiron4ever wrote:
Living in utah, I know of him. Assistant Head Coach? What makes him the diamond in the rough? or so much better than another assistant like Kaufusi, Doman, or Chad Lewis?



What about Omar Morgan in the defensive backfield? Or Kyle's brother, Carey Whittingham? Doesn't he coach locally? Matt Bellini? Jason Buck? Kirk Pendleton? One of the best centers to play at BYU - Bart Oates?


Read this:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865644449/The-legacy-of-Lamb-BYU7s-new-assistant7s-success-at-SUU-came-on-and-off-the-field.html?pg=all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


OK. Converted. Furthermore, we should have the state of Utah covered recruiting wise. I think his experience as a head coach, as well as Lavell's, will serve Kalani well. My belief is you can watch, observe, and learn about being a head coach, but unplanned reality sets in quickly. Coach Lamb should provide a fatherly "been there, done that" when tribulation sets in and patience is so needed. Detmer, too, has that demeanor. This is intriguing, for sure....
F
frdbtr
I'm wondering why he is position coaching on the offense when he is a defensive coach and was a linebacker when he played.
S
scott715
He is flexible and will fill what ever is needed. His duties are not official yet until the staff gets done.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
scott715 wrote:
He is flexible and will fill what ever is needed. His duties are not official yet until the staff gets done.


True, I guess my concern is, we have a first time Dcoordinator who IMO needs help to get things going.
S
scott715
With a HC who was a DC and Lamb who knows D too. He will be fine.
B
blue42
One thing I am very impressed with Lamb as well is he is putting players into the NFL from a D-1AA school in the middle of nowhere!
S
snoscythe
My understanding of the Lamb hire as "Assistant Head Coach", but as a position coach under the OC Detmer is that, as Assistant Head Coach, Lamb is to be the primary mentor/facilitator for Sitake and take on the lion's share of administrative and organizational tasks under Sitake's broader vision and goals. That frees up Sitake to do what he does best which is focus on recruiting and the game of football. Lamb will also be a primary assist to Detmer getting his feet steady. Part of the reason that the Detmer announcement took so long to become official was because much of it was contingent on Lamb (or someone similar) taking on that role.



Essentially, the Lamb hire is an enabling and training-wheels hire to let the other guys do what they do best and put them all in a better position to succeed.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.