Archived Topic

Jimmer's Home Town Paper....

by snoscythe · 12/29/2009

Advertisement
M
Metal Bubba
My brother called me a few minutes ago and says, "How does a guy score 49 with 9 dimes and 7 boards at Arizona NOT get mentioned on ESPN". He's not really a BYU fan and was surfing ESPN.com when he happened to see the score and then looked at the box score.



I don't watch Sportscenter, so I have no idea whether they've been glossing over it or not.
S
Schmoe
Sportscenter did a short highlight clip yesterday, and it was on the front page of espn.com.
S
SpiffCoug
I saw the BYU highlights on Sportscenter this morning. I think it was John Anderson saying, "Apparently it's Jimmer Fredette's world and we're all just living in it. Because he was hitting any and every shot he put up against Arizona. Just watch."
S
stuckinbig10country
I think ESPN did a pretty good job of talking about this one. Had this game happened Tuesday thru Friday, it probably is in the first 20 minutes of SC, with plenty of coverage.



Just so happens it was on Monday night. Anyone else know what goes on on Monday night on ESPN? The MNF game could have been St Louis vs Tampa Bay and it would have gotten 50 mins of the 90 min SC.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
stuckinbig10country wrote:
I think ESPN did a pretty good job of talking about this one. Had this game happened Tuesday thru Friday, it probably is in the first 20 minutes of SC, with plenty of coverage.



Just so happens it was on Monday night. Anyone else know what goes on on Monday night on ESPN? The MNF game could have been St Louis vs Tampa Bay and it would have gotten 50 mins of the 90 min SC.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Regardless, I was surprised ESPN even showed a single highlight given that it was two unranked teams playing....usually those games don't even get passing mention unless it is a tournament finale. Kudos to ESPN for giving it kudos--I saw highlights on SportsCenter, FirstTake, Mike and Mike, and ESPN News. Pretty good coverage for an unranked team beating a 6-6 team.
M
Metal Bubba
Glad to see he got some love. I blame Stuart Scott and Rich Eisen for single-handedly ruining Sportscenter for me. I haven't gone back since. I long for the days of Kilborn and Olbermann.
S
Schmoe
Olbermann sucks...gimme boom goes the dynamite!
S
SpiffCoug
And you... you're frozen pizza.
U
urroner
kitic77 wrote:
And you... you're frozen pizza.


I love pizza, especially in the morning with a nice glass of moo-juice.



http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/7984426/2/istockphoto_7984426-breakfast-with-milk.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
M
Metal Bubba
Schmoe wrote:
Olbermann sucks...gimme boom goes the dynamite!


You're too young to remember Olbermann on ESPN. He was a legend.
S
Schmoe
Yeah, but I get to see him on NFL something or other and think he adds about as much to the show as a cardboard box.
D
dank80
I liked Olbermann and Dan Patrick together. Except for the time Olbermann called Stockton and Malone "Dick Stockton and the Milkman".



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.