Archived Topic

One Thing I Hope Changes...

by Gunk · 12/22/2015

Advertisement
G
Gunk
Are the subtle and not so subtle digs at fans. It's really annoying. Bronco had a habit of doing it, Anae clearly had some beefs with fans, and it appears to have rub off on players with the occasional player making a dig at fans. Biggest pet peave of mine and I lose instant respect for any player or coach that complains about fans. The whole sport exists because of fans and I grew tired of Bronco's disdain towards us.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
I'm ready to move on as well. Very annoying how often fans felt they were belittled and disdained. Very ready to stop hearing about it.



BYU certainly has it's share of thin skinned fans.
K
KingCoug
Sitake can insult me all he wants as long as we're winning.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
KingCoug wrote:
Sitake can insult me all he wants as long as we're winning.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

winning? 12 wins? playoffs? 10 wins? bowl eligible? only need to beat utah...?



Bronco would certainly be considered a "winner" by most.
W
Wolverine
KingCoug wrote:
Sitake can insult me all he wants as long as we're winning.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Even if the only loss next year is to Utah? ;)
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
I'll go easier on Sitake in 2016 considering it's his first year and the tough schedule.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
BroncoBot wrote:
Sitake can insult me all he wants as long as we're winning.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

winning? 12 wins? playoffs? 10 wins? bowl eligible? only need to beat utah...?



Bronco would certainly be considered a "winner" by most.

Doesn't matter. Bronco left. He wasn't chased out by ungrateful fans. He left because he didn't want to coach at BYU anymore. You can stop defending him.



And, I can tell you once Bronco "turns" UVA around and plateaus, people will be ready for a change there too.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
Gunk wrote:
KingCoug wrote:
Sitake can insult me all he wants as long as we're winning.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

winning? 12 wins? playoffs? 10 wins? bowl eligible? only need to beat utah...?



Bronco would certainly be considered a "winner" by most.

Doesn't matter. Bronco left. He wasn't chased out by ungrateful fans. He left because he didn't want to coach at BYU anymore. You can stop defending him.



And, I can tell you once Bronco "turns" UVA around and plateaus, people will be ready for a change there too.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Why did you put "turns" in quotations marks? Are you trying to imply that Bronco didn't turn our program around or that he won't with Virginia?
F
frdbtr
Gunk wrote:
Are the subtle and not so subtle digs at fans. It's really annoying. Bronco had a habit of doing it, Anae clearly had some beefs with fans, and it appears to have rub off on players with the occasional player making a dig at fans. Biggest pet peave of mine and I lose instant respect for any player or coach that complains about fans. The whole sport exists because of fans and I grew tired of Bronco's disdain towards us.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


There were no subtle digs at fans. The only time Bronco took shots at fans were when he was defending his players, which is something Bronco would do in a heartbeat. The 2 instances where I remember Bronco referencing fans was when he told the story about him having something in common with Brian Santiago and that was being booed in his first game. The second instance was when Bronco was asked about benching Max Hall in 09 because he had thrown some interceptions and Bronco referenced that the only fans who want Max benched in favor of Riley Nelson were the ignorant ones. Frankly, in both instances, Bronco was 100% right. In all other instances, the only thing I heard out of Bronco was praise for the fans and how he loved the support he got from them at BYU.
S
snoscythe
frdbtr wrote:
Are the subtle and not so subtle digs at fans. It's really annoying. Bronco had a habit of doing it, Anae clearly had some beefs with fans, and it appears to have rub off on players with the occasional player making a dig at fans. Biggest pet peave of mine and I lose instant respect for any player or coach that complains about fans. The whole sport exists because of fans and I grew tired of Bronco's disdain towards us.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


There were no subtle digs at fans. The only time Bronco took shots at fans were when he was defending his players, which is something Bronco would do in a heartbeat. The 2 instances where I remember Bronco referencing fans was when he told the story about him having something in common with Brian Santiago and that was being booed in his first game. The second instance was when Bronco was asked about benching Max Hall in 09 because he had thrown some interceptions and Bronco referenced that the only fans who want Max benched in favor of Riley Nelson were the ignorant ones. Frankly, in both instances, Bronco was 100% right. In all other instances, the only thing I heard out of Bronco was praise for the fans and how he loved the support he got from them at BYU.


You haven't attended many Cougar Club events or luncheons over the past decade when Bronco speaks, I take it. At one Cougar Club meeting in Texas about five years back, Bronco talked about how much he liked traveling to new places where fans were more appreciative of the team and less entitled than Utah-based BYU fans. At almost every Cougar Club event I have been to where Bronco spoke, he made some dig at the fans and boosters.
Advertisement
U
urroner
snoscythe wrote:
You haven't attended many Cougar Club events or luncheons over the past decade when Bronco speaks, I take it. At one Cougar Club meeting in Texas about five years back, Bronco talked about how much he liked traveling to new places where fans were more appreciative of the team and less entitled than Utah-based BYU fans. At almost every Cougar Club event I have been to where Bronco spoke, he made some dig at the fans and boosters.


How many of those digs/disses/put downs/slams/disparagements/snubs/

slams were deserved? Even on this board, all certain fans could do was barely accept Bronco as the head coach. Even when the team did great, they could only was give him mildly fluke-warm compliments.
B
blue42
BroncoBot wrote:
I'm ready to move on as well. Very annoying how often fans felt they were belittled and disdained. Very ready to stop hearing about it.



BYU certainly has it's share of thin skinned fans.


Funny this got down voted, perhaps a little of that thin skin showing? ;)
S
Schmoe
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/10/article-2201147-054B6FC8000005DC-29_468x631.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
blue42 wrote:
I'm ready to move on as well. Very annoying how often fans felt they were belittled and disdained. Very ready to stop hearing about it.



BYU certainly has it's share of thin skinned fans.


Funny this got down voted, perhaps a little of that thin skin showing? ;)

ha ha ha. I guess so... ?



the bait worked.
C
Cougs_Rule
Wasn't me.....that time. :-)
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Some people just need a U of Mizzou safe space, I guess.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.