Archived Topic

What exactly was said?

by AmmonCougar1 · 12/21/2015

Advertisement
A
AmmonCougar1
I keep reading things on rumorboard about what both Bronco and his coaches as well as some players are saying regarding 'parting shots' at BYU from the coaches and some shots at the coaches from the players. I was unable to listen or watch any of the game or postgame and I can't seem to find anything in "print" at desnews, sltrib or ksl. I'd love some links to whatever was said so I can form my own opinion it rather than receive the two extremes from the defenders and the attackers over on rumorboard.



Any help would be appreciated. And let me quickly add so I don't get a "google it" response, I don't have time to sift through interviews. A link to the exact one would be great.



Thanks in advance!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon,ID
H
HoosierCougar
Blackmon tweeted something about wishing his coaches trusted him as much as the players do... then deleted it.



Saw a reference to Houk making comments about the coaches, but haven't seen anything definitive.
B
BroncoBot
posted this in another thread but it applied here as well...



Let's put this rumor to bed, unless someone has something different (I've been looking and this is the best I've found).



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjesxSHeeTM



Houk calls ANAE and BRONCO fathers to him see 1:35

Says that he took it upon himself as a senior to not let another Michigan game happen.

Not sure what Houk comments relates to the comeback being despite Bronco...?



If anything he took a dig at fans (our fans are great but sometimes they leave you...) OUCH! see 2:35.



If there was ever a time to lay into anae or bronco Houk had his chance right there. And he only had good things to say...
F
Fido
Here are the "parting shots" by Anae:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865643395/BYUs-Robert-Anae-leaving-for-Virginia-taking-3-assistants-with-him.html?pg=all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



“I am excited to join Coach Mendenhall and work to win an ACC championship. I am extremely appreciative of having received this opportunity and that my talents and skills are appreciated at Virginia.”



...



Anae said he was “underwhelmed” with the interest shown in his abilities this week after Mendenhall announced he was leaving for Virginia last Friday and a coaching search began.



...



“If this was the first time in my career this has happened, this would be more difficult, but I’ve been through this before and I understand what it is all about.



Comparing his situation to a worker on a construction job, Anae said “You have to go where the work is, and right now that is where I’m needed and wanted.”
S
Schmoe
So, the guy who once held the title of assistant head coach is frustrated that he wasn't a serious consideration for the job. Makes sense to me.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Well, clearly BYU was underwhelmed with what Anae had to offer as a HC.
B
BroncoBot
Fido wrote:
Here are the "parting shots" by Anae:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865643395/BYUs-Robert-Anae-leaving-for-Virginia-taking-3-assistants-with-him.html?pg=all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



“I am excited to join Coach Mendenhall and work to win an ACC championship. I am extremely appreciative of having received this opportunity and that my talents and skills are appreciated at Virginia.”



...



Anae said he was “underwhelmed” with the interest shown in his abilities this week after Mendenhall announced he was leaving for Virginia last Friday and a coaching search began.



...



“If this was the first time in my career this has happened, this would be more difficult, but I’ve been through this before and I understand what it is all about.



Comparing his situation to a worker on a construction job, Anae said “You have to go where the work is, and right now that is where I’m needed and wanted.”

sounds about right. Anae turned into the whipping boy for everything at every turn every season.



it's amusing that it seems to be the same fans who posted the most hate about Anae who are the most upset that he even dare question his treatment in provo. love to dish it out but can't take it eh? pretty mild stuff from Anae if that's all he said. he could have said a lot more I'm sure.



actually, now that I've read his comments again, it seems he didn't say anything abrasive. just stating facts. this seems to be another case of the media and fans making a mountain of a molehill in regards to anae. I actually enjoyed how anae treated the media. I think they are all a bunch of scum for the most part and deserved every bit of indignation from Anae after the way they portrayed him. happy trails anae! thanks for some of the best years of offense byu has known!
F
Fido
Wow....that's a lot of anger. I just answered the question that was asked.
B
BroncoBot
Fido,

I hope you post wasn't directed at me. No anger your way at all. I was just providing my opinion of what Anae had said. Nothing more, nothing less.



And thanks for posting. Clears up (for me at least) a lot of "what was said". Which amounts to not much.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.