Archived Topic

2016 Receivers

by mraven · 12/20/2015

Advertisement
M
mraven
So I'm pretty sure everybody but me knows this, but do we have any significant contributors at the receiver position that are coming back next year, or are we going to be hurting? I think a good part of Tanner's success came because his receivers could go and get the ball. Thoughts?
S
scott715
We lose Matthews, Houk, Blackmon. We got Tinnaman from SUU coming in. Moroni will step up. I hope we get some SR transfers to add to the group and other groups.
S
snoscythe
Kurtz is back, and Anae has taken his doghouse with him, so I expect big things from him next year.
B
BroncoBot
Kurtz was the least impressive of the big 4 (Kurtz, Matthews, Blackmon, Jeurgens). Hoping he has a big year. I think Colby Pearson could be a big contributor next year as well.
C
Cougs_Rule
We will have enough. Bc with a loaded backfield we will have plenty of Pass catching options. Is Bernard a true or RM freshman. His catching out of backfield looks really good.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
snoscythe wrote:
Kurtz is back, and Anae has taken his doghouse with him, so I expect big things from him next year.


I hated how Anae made big passes bounce off Kurtz's facemask...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Schmoe wrote:
Kurtz is back, and Anae has taken his doghouse with him, so I expect big things from him next year.


I hated how Anae made big passes bounce off Kurtz's facemask...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


True that. I dnont think MM or NK were agressive enough all year. MM made some great plays but at 6'6" he should have. NK gave up on too many plays.
B
BroncoBot
Cougs_Rule wrote:
NK gave up on too many plays.

Yes.
A
a1247
Josh Weeks is back from his mission and should be ready to contribute.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
I do worry a little about Mangum losing a couple tall guys; he really likes to throw those jump balls. He places them well, most of the time, but I think shorter receivers would have a lesser percentage of coming down with the ball.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Schmoe wrote:
I do worry a little about Mangum losing a couple tall guys; he really likes to throw those jump balls. He places them well, most of the time, but I think shorter receivers would have a lesser percentage of coming down with the ball.

You mean like when Jeurgens came down with the game-winning TD against Boise? Or the many receptions Blackmon had?
S
Schmoe
SpiffCoug wrote:
I do worry a little about Mangum losing a couple tall guys; he really likes to throw those jump balls. He places them well, most of the time, but I think shorter receivers would have a lesser percentage of coming down with the ball.

You mean like when Jeurgens came down with the game-winning TD against Boise? Or the many receptions Blackmon had?


Nah, I'm talking about all the times our guys didn't come down with the ball.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Schmoe wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
I do worry a little about Mangum losing a couple tall guys; he really likes to throw those jump balls. He places them well, most of the time, but I think shorter receivers would have a lesser percentage of coming down with the ball.

You mean like when Jeurgens came down with the game-winning TD against Boise? Or the many receptions Blackmon had?


Nah, I'm talking about all the times our guys didn't come down with the ball.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Got it, so you're ignoring the successful attempts. ;)
S
Schmoe
SpiffCoug wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
I do worry a little about Mangum losing a couple tall guys; he really likes to throw those jump balls. He places them well, most of the time, but I think shorter receivers would have a lesser percentage of coming down with the ball.

You mean like when Jeurgens came down with the game-winning TD against Boise? Or the many receptions Blackmon had?


Nah, I'm talking about all the times our guys didn't come down with the ball.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Got it, so you're ignoring the successful attempts. ;)


Sure. I'm saying that with less tall receivers, jump balls become less effective and Mangum might have some adjusting to do/more growing pains without guys like Houk and Matthews to throw to.
S
stgeorgefan
scott715 wrote:
We lose Matthews, Houk, Blackmon. We got Tinnaman from SUU coming in. Moroni will step up. I hope we get some SR transfers to add to the group and other groups.


I think your referring to Jonah Trinnaman coming from Snow College?



Jonah will be a starter.



I think the outside receivers will be Moroni and Nick. Josh Weeks will be a backup to one of those guys probably. Inside will be Jonah T./Mitchell J./Trey Dye,C. Pearson. I think Akile Davis fills the roll of Terren Houk. Akile played TE in HS and is very similar in stature.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.