Archived Topic

Proud to be a cougar fan

by jbluesuu · 12/20/2015

Advertisement
J
jbluesuu
I'm not one that likes to claim moral victories but this is as close as it gets to a moral victory. They had some mistakes and a lot of misfortune in the first quarter. They were on the receiving end of some cheap shots. There were some interesting calls and non-calls from the officials. In the end they they came up short but they kept their composure. They never gave up and they represented the university and church well. If there is such thing as losing with dignity, that was it. BYU players and coaches, I commend you.
F
frdbtr
I also don't believe in moral victories. I am as irritated and disappointed in this loss as I can possibly be especially since it is #5 in a row to the utes. Having said that, I was also impressed by the fight I saw from the team today. I think that teams usually take on the identity of their leaders and this teams leaders were Mangum and Kaufusi, those two guys never give up, never quit and fight to the end and you could see the rest of the team following them. After the last BYU TD, they showed Mangum running around on the sideline yelling at all his guys "one more!". Unfortunately, the defense didn't get the ball back or we may have seen an overtime game and BYU win. I am excited to see where Mangum can take this team in the future. I hope that the new coaches can maximize his talent because if they do, he is going to go down as BYU's best ever passing QB.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.