Archived Topic

Things I hope I won't miss after Bronco is gone

by Stirfry · 12/20/2015

Advertisement
S
Stirfry
Great post from a ghost of past



http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=15149883



if you missed Hauk post game on BYU TV or Blackmon comets on KSL 10

(posted from a mobile device)

Go find them and post some links here. Or those that did can comment here.



Terren Hauk, when asked what his BYU experience meant to him: I never had a father growing up. Never had any brothers. Some may criticize Bronco and Robert Anae, but they were the fathers I never had. Once he started doing things right on a team concept, they became his brothers. This is Y is huge with him. He nearly broke into tears.



Very similar discussion about Blackmon on KSL.



This is Y I will miss our outgoing coaching staff and hope that Kalani Stake will commit himself to continue to be such a significant factor in the lives of his players.



This is Y I am a BYU fan and did not give up on the team at 35-0



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Stirfry
I think Bronco is a genuinely good guy and for those that bother to read between the lines see that much of the criticism he takes for his personality, emotions, game preparation, and competitiveness is a bunch of crap. Listen to what his former players say about him and what kind of coach he is when he's not on camera. He made the decision that being the steady leader in games was the best for his teams but I've never heard a player say that's what he's really like as a coach.



His defense was awesome and his offenses were usually pretty good for a coach dealing with BYU restrictions.



Football will be fifth on Kalanis job description as well.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
No question Bronco is a class act. His greatest work has been with the players and Sitake will have some huge shoes to fill when it comes to representing BYU.



At the end of the day, football is a game. Something most of use as a form of entertainment and an excuse to get out of a honey-do list. For the players, football is more than a game - an identity, a family. It's easy as fans to get upset when the team fails to entertain at the level we expect, but there should be no criticism of Bronco for the way he mentored athletes and represented BYU.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.