Archived Topic

2016 question

by KingCoug · 12/19/2015

Advertisement
K
KingCoug
When we're struggling next season with new coaching growing pains and a murderers row schedule, how long before some Clown posts a pic of Bronco with the caption "Miss me yet?"



I'll put the over/under at 2 1/2 games.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
KingCoug wrote:
When we're struggling next season with new coaching growing pains and a murderers row schedule, how long before some Clown posts a pic of Bronco with the caption "Miss me yet?"



I'll put the over/under at 2 1/2 games.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Well, why hasn't that coach simply coached it into his players to win those games? Now you're trying to have it both ways. Hold bronco to ultimate accountability, but the next coach will have a sweet honeymoon period. I'll feel the same about both coaches.
K
KingCoug
BroncoBot wrote:
When we're struggling next season with new coaching growing pains and a murderers row schedule, how long before some Clown posts a pic of Bronco with the caption "Miss me yet?"



I'll put the over/under at 2 1/2 games.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Well, why hasn't that coach simply coached it into his players to win those games?


Apples and bowling balls.



I'll give Sitake time just like I did Bronco.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
KingCoug wrote:
KingCoug wrote:
When we're struggling next season with new coaching growing pains and a murderers row schedule, how long before some Clown posts a pic of Bronco with the caption "Miss me yet?"



I'll put the over/under at 2 1/2 games.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Well, why hasn't that coach simply coached it into his players to win those games?


Apples and bowling balls.



I'll give Sitake time just like I did Bronco.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

So will I, but I agree there will be some idiots out there. I think you're selling short the last 3-4 years of Bronco's tenure.
K
KingCoug
BroncoBot wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
When we're struggling next season with new coaching growing pains and a murderers row schedule, how long before some Clown posts a pic of Bronco with the caption "Miss me yet?"



I'll put the over/under at 2 1/2 games.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Well, why hasn't that coach simply coached it into his players to win those games?


Apples and bowling balls.



I'll give Sitake time just like I did Bronco.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

So will I, but I agree there will be some idiots out there. I think you're selling short the last 3-4 years of Bronco's tenure.


How so? It's been mostly downhill after 2009.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
BroncoBot wrote:
When we're struggling next season with new coaching growing pains and a murderers row schedule, how long before some Clown posts a pic of Bronco with the caption "Miss me yet?"



I'll put the over/under at 2 1/2 games.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Well, why hasn't that coach simply coached it into his players to win those games? Now you're trying to have it both ways. Hold bronco to ultimate accountability, but the next coach will have a sweet honeymoon period. I'll feel the same about both coaches.


You are just looking silly.



Bronco is 3 for 11 against Utah, and has lost 5 straight. If it isn't coaching, then what is it? Utah owns BYU in preparation and hype for the game. They treat it as something special. BYU comes out flat and gets punched in the mouth. Every. Single. Time.



Utah's offense is legitimately sucky. Fortunately for Utah, we have Robert Anae, and he has no idea how to playcall versus an active pass rush.
B
BroncoBot
Brayden Green wrote:
Fortunately for Utah, we have Robert Anae, and he has no idea how to playcall versus an active pass rush.

Anae has schooled Utah's O-coordinator since those first 5 completely crappy possessions.
B
Brayden Green
BroncoBot wrote:
Fortunately for Utah, we have Robert Anae, and he has no idea how to playcall versus an active pass rush.

Anae has schooled Utah's O-coordinator since those first 5 completely crappy possessions.


Well, he hasn't been going against the O-coordinator. He is going against the D coordinator. I wouldn't say that he has schooled him. Tanner is escaping pressure and finding people on the run. Mangum is an amazing player, and I can't wait to see him paired up with someone that understands football well, like Ty Detmer.
B
BroncoBot
Brayden Green wrote:
Tanner is escaping pressure and finding people on the run. Mangum is an amazing player, and I can't wait to see him paired up with someone that understands football well, like Ty Detmer.

Tanner is doing the same thing Ty had to do week in and week out. you realize that, right?
B
Brayden Green
BroncoBot wrote:
Tanner is escaping pressure and finding people on the run. Mangum is an amazing player, and I can't wait to see him paired up with someone that understands football well, like Ty Detmer.

Tanner is doing the same thing Ty had to do week in and week out. you realize that, right?


RIght, but that was against good teams when Detmer did that. Our O line is so bad that it is a norm now. We need to scheme to take pressure off the O line, and get better O lineman.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Brayden Green wrote:
Brayden Green wrote:
Tanner is escaping pressure and finding people on the run. Mangum is an amazing player, and I can't wait to see him paired up with someone that understands football well, like Ty Detmer.

Tanner is doing the same thing Ty had to do week in and week out. you realize that, right?


RIght, but that was against good teams when Detmer did that. Our O line is so bad that it is a norm now. We need to scheme to take pressure off the O line, and get better O lineman.

You think Detmer faced better teams?



I agree that o-line has been subpar. But they were serviceable this year. I'm hoping for a good hire/position coach to make more of a difference next year.
T
TheDean
Brayden Green wrote:
Brayden Green wrote:
Tanner is escaping pressure and finding people on the run. Mangum is an amazing player, and I can't wait to see him paired up with someone that understands football well, like Ty Detmer.

Tanner is doing the same thing Ty had to do week in and week out. you realize that, right?


RIght, but that was against good teams when Detmer did that. Our O line is so bad that it is a norm now. We need to scheme to take pressure off the O line, and get better O lineman.


Detmer had a better O-line by far that what BYU has now. What BYU needs is a better O-line coach than the last 3 BYU has had, not a scheme to take pressure off of the O-line.
B
Brayden Green
TheDean wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
Tanner is escaping pressure and finding people on the run. Mangum is an amazing player, and I can't wait to see him paired up with someone that understands football well, like Ty Detmer.

Tanner is doing the same thing Ty had to do week in and week out. you realize that, right?


RIght, but that was against good teams when Detmer did that. Our O line is so bad that it is a norm now. We need to scheme to take pressure off the O line, and get better O lineman.


Detmer had a better O-line by far that what BYU has now. What BYU needs is a better O-line coach than the last 3 BYU has had, not a scheme to take pressure off of the O-line.


They need both. Offensive line MUST be a priority. IF you give tanner more than 2 seconds to find a read, we just might win some games convincingly.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.