Archived Topic

I freaking believe!

by BoiseBYU · 12/19/2015

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
KingCoug
Fool's gold unfortunately.



I'd do anything to be wrong.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BoiseBYU
KingCoug wrote:
Fool's gold unfortunately.



I'd do anything to be wrong.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Then believe! :)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
KingCoug
BoiseBYU wrote:
Fool's gold unfortunately.



I'd do anything to be wrong.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Then believe! :)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Lord, help thou mine unbelief!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
I'm with ya Boise!
Advertisement
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
We need the D to continue to shut them down.

We need one special play (a pick 6 from Kai Nacua or something).

We need offensive perfection.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
TulaneVandyRiceCoug wrote:
We need the D to continue to shut them down.

We need one special play (a pick 6 from Kai Nacua or something).

We need offensive perfection.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


BYU's chances dwindling with every missed tackle this drive..
B
BroncoBot
BYU still has a heartbeat.
T
TheDean
BroncoBot wrote:
BYU still has a heartbeat.

Not in the Los Vegas Bowl the don't.
C
Cougarfan87
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Cougarfan87 wrote:
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Dangit!!!!!!!!!!!!
B
BroncoBot
I tell you what, my heart needs a rest now... that game about had me in cardiac arrest for the entire 2nd half.
B
BoiseBYU
Sigh. Not this time. But I will keep believing.
C
Cougs_Rule
You only believe bc Bronco has resigned and brought an end to a near total domination by our rival and we all beleive in new blood (except for two guys on here who seem so certain that KS was a horrible hire and that unicorn coaches still exist out there.

But yes, for the rest of us, we beleive, right or wrong that a new guy will stop embarrassing our university in rival games.
B
BoiseBYU
Cougs_Rule wrote:
You only believe bc Bronco has resigned and brought an end to a near total domination by our rival and we all beleive in new blood (except for two guys on here who seem so certain that KS was a horrible hire and that unicorn coaches still exist out there.

But yes, for the rest of us, we beleive, right or wrong that a new guy will stop embarrassing our university in rival games.


That would be wrong. I believe because BYU has a wonderful influence on and in the world. BYU athletics and perhaps most noticeably the FB team plays an important part of that. I believe Bronco did a wonderful job toward that end. I wish him well. Bronco did not embarrass me. Saturday's team made me PROUD. we lost and no moral victories, but when you get hit and knocked down hard, I want to be one who does NOT stay down, but gets UP! That is what I saw that team do. I saw character of the best. So yeah we lost. But I still freaking believe!
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
I will prop you for that. And, if Houk is right, it was the band of brotherhood--nit the coaches--that raised this team up out of the gigantic hole that it created.

Bronco did have huge impact after Crowton and Throughout for good and higher values. And, to his credit, he has left the shelves with far more talent than what he inherited.

So, I believe too, which includes a higher belief in the incoming staff the the outgoing (pending good coordinator hires :-) ).
B
BroncoBot
Cougs_Rule wrote:
I will prop you for that. And, if Houk is right, it was the band of brotherhood--nit the coaches--that raised this team up out of the gigantic hole that it created.

Bronco did have huge impact after Crowton and Throughout for good and higher values. And, to his credit, he has left the shelves with far more talent than what he inherited.

So, I believe too, which includes a higher belief in the incoming staff the the outgoing (pending good coordinator hires :-) ).

Now you're saying it was the coaches fault for going down 35 and the players fault for clawing back into the game? confused... ;)
K
KingCoug
BroncoBot wrote:
I will prop you for that. And, if Houk is right, it was the band of brotherhood--nit the coaches--that raised this team up out of the gigantic hole that it created.

Bronco did have huge impact after Crowton and Throughout for good and higher values. And, to his credit, he has left the shelves with far more talent than what he inherited.

So, I believe too, which includes a higher belief in the incoming staff the the outgoing (pending good coordinator hires :-) ).

Now you're saying it was the coaches fault for going down 35 and the players fault for clawing back into the game? confused... ;)


I realize it doesnt fit your usual narrative but as many have been saying, it WAS the coaches fault for being "out of it," not prepared, and the 35 point home we found ourselves in. And it WAS credit to the players for taking the game on their shoulders and clawing their way back IN SPITE of the coaches. Bronco had a chance to go out with a little pride and dignity but, as always, couldn't care less if he lost to the Utes.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
KingCoug wrote:
as always, couldn't care less if he lost to the Utes.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Absolutely do not agree. Bronco brought a lot of vitriol to the rivalry (which is why KW is almost relieved to see KS across the other sideline). I think it got to the point he and the players were too psyched out about the game and came out tight year after year after year.
K
KingCoug
BroncoBot wrote:
as always, couldn't care less if he lost to the Utes.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Absolutely do not agree. Bronco brought a lot of vitriol to the rivalry (which is why KW is almost relieved to see KS across the other sideline). I think it got to the point he and the players were too psyched out about the game and came out tight year after year after year.


Well, even if we don't take his "treat it like any other game" at face value, his approach sure didn't translate to success on the field.



Losing to Utah so many times, how we lost, and Bronco's utter failure to figure out how to fix that will forever cast a long shadow over everything else he did at BYU.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.