Archived Topic

Things I won't miss after Bronco and Anae are gone.

by TheDean · 12/19/2015

Advertisement
T
TheDean
What I won't miss after Bronco and Anae are gone is the following.



Failure to show up in rivalry games.

Overly predictable offenses.

Playing far too conservative at times.

Crappy pay calls on offense.

Poor clock management.

Poor performances after bye weeks.

Players not performing up to their potential.

Serious lack of game time adjustmants.

Lack of any game plan other than the "lets out execute them" game plan.



What I won't miss is the following:



Someone you know will be their as coach year after year.

Someone who has been a good spiritual leader.





I hope the Virginia fans read this so they know what to expect with Bronco and Anae.
N
nuk13
Good luck UVA. I'd ask for some of that $3.25 mil back.
U
UCChris
1. Football not being first

2. Crappy players getting first string because of who they are and not how they play

3. Conservative, anemic offense

4. Too little, too late adjustments

5. Losing to teams that should be wins

6. Lame recruiting

7. Bronco and Anae
B
BroncoBot
UCChris wrote:
1. Football not being first

2. Crappy players getting first string because of who they are and not how they play

3. Conservative, anemic offense

4. Too little, too late adjustments

5. Losing to teams that should be wins

6. Lame recruiting

7. Bronco and Anae

I'm sorry UCChris, some of this is just ridiculous. Recruiting? tell me how you'd improve it? Losing to teams that should be wins? What coach hasn't had a few of those?

Come on dude. No coach is perfect, especially if they are being considered for BYU. Tough tough tough place to coach.
C
Cougarfan87
Spotting the other team five touchdowns in the first quarter. Ok, that was an anomaly, but turnovers in the rivalry game is not.
Advertisement
T
TheDean
UCChris wrote:
1. Football not being first

2. Crappy players getting first string because of who they are and not how they play

3. Conservative, anemic offense

4. Too little, too late adjustments

5. Losing to teams that should be wins

6. Lame recruiting

7. Bronco and Anae


I agree with you on all but #6 as BYU has had some of the best recruiting in BYU history under Bronco. The problem was and has been the inability of Bronco and Anae to get the players to play to their potential.
M
Mars


Losing to Utah like they have the past 5 rivalry games in a row (tied for the longest losing streak in BYU's history against Utah).
S
stuckinbig10country
I'm gonna miss almost everything about Bronco; however, his offensive coordinators have been terrible...and not in play calling really. In preparation, they showed poor game plans and more importantly, poor emotional preparation.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
Things I won't miss:

1. Fans hating on a very good coach



Things I will miss:

1. Winning seasons, bowl games, poll votes, great defenses
1
1967cougar
Agreed. I also agree with what stuckinbig10country said just above this post.
Advertisement
J
Jarhead
Things I won't miss. Emotional prep for the rivalry game. Clock/game management. Most everything else I will miss.



Down 7 points they needed to try for the onside kick.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Stirfry
Schmoe wrote:
Things I won't miss:

1. Fans hating on a very good coach


Don't worry that will be back soon enough. Hopefully it comes with the very good coach part at least but the hating will be back.



How long is the honeymoon for Sitaki? He better not care about his family, friends, church, or anything other than football.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
Things I won't miss:



- Every game treated as the same

- Anae as OC

- Limiting practice because it's "not needed" only to come out unprepared and anemic

- Clock management

- No fakes

- A coach that looks like he could care less that his team down 35 or even up 35 for that matter

- Stupid slogans that don't mean what they mean



Things I will miss:

- Crazy good defense

- Creative blitz packages

- Helping players turn their lives around



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
Stirfry wrote:
Things I won't miss:

1. Fans hating on a very good coach


Don't worry that will be back soon enough. Hopefully it comes with the very good coach part at least but the hating will be back.



How long is the honeymoon for Sitaki? He better not care about his family, friends, church, or anything other than football.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


He beats Utah next season he will have a very long honeymoon. He loses, he will have a very short honeymoon.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
McY
TheDean wrote:
What I won't miss after Bronco and Anae are gone is the following.



Failure to show up in rivalry games.

Overly predictable offenses.

Playing far too conservative at times.

Crappy pay calls on offense.

Poor clock management.

Poor performances after bye weeks.

Players not performing up to their potential.

Serious lack of game time adjustmants.

Lack of any game plan other than the "lets out execute them" game plan.


Doesn't this post assume the next coaching squad will not generate any of these issues? I am hoping for the best, but there is zero guaranty the answer is no



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.