Archived Topic

BYU vs Central Michigan

by byufan4ever · 12/17/2015

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
Well, I'm in Utah/Idaho for Christmas. In-laws live in Idaho, but they insisted on taking the kids for a few days so the wife and I are spending our anniversary at a time share place in Eden, UT. I talked the wife into going to the Central Michigan game so I just purchased my tickets in section 13! This will be just my second game at the Marriott Center!



And this will also be my first time skiing Utah. Do I go to Wolf (closer) or Powder Mountain? We are both intermediate skiers.
Q
Qman
A few notes from the game:



This game was a shoot out. C. Michigan has a small team with some shooters and strong slasher. KC was given the key defensive assignment and mostly did well.



We went small in the second half with Kaufusi being replaced by Seljaas who was on fire from the 3 point line. It mostly worked defensively and gave us enough firepower to outscore C. Michigan.



Emery and Fischer mostly played under control.



Davis provided some badly needed inside scoring to complement Fischer, Emery and Seljaas bombing away.



Overall we were more talented and played just well enough to win. But if all those 3's didn't go we would have been in trouble. Our team defense still needs a lot of work.
U
urroner
CM was smoking from distance. They made 17 treys, a MAC record. That's 51 of their 85 points. Of the other 34, 8 were FTs. They basically made 26 in the paint. Their % for the long ball was better than their short ball. They were 17 of 36 (47.2%) beyond the arc and 13 of 28 (46.4%) otherwise. Shoot, I'd shoot long every time if this could happen all the time.



BYU was close %-wise in the three's, but shot better when they were closer. 14 of 31(45.2%) for three's and 21 of 33 (63.6%) for the 2fers. They also made 14 of 21 (66.7%) FTs.



I hope their FT% goes up soon.



Two other things

1. Seljaas was wicked hot last night beyond the arc, 7 of 9 (77.7%). Dang, if he can maintain that, I'd be feeding the ball to him the whole game. He also scored 11 straight points in the second half and that broke the game open for BYU.



2. KC got another triple double last night. He needed one more assist when the clock was winding down and he had a clear shot to make some more points, but he decided to share the glory of having another t/d with somebody else make him look good.



He sees Seljaas all by himself looking rather bored and lonely, you know how freshmen are. Yeah, I'll throw the ball to him. He's hot tonight and he'd better not miss. He a punk ass freshman and I'm this almighty senior. Hey, I am THE COLLINSWORTH. I am the chosen one. Yep, me and Harry Potter, we be tight. Besides he knows if he misses, he's going to be mugged in the locker room and given Indian burns on both arms and a chronic case of pink belly for the next week or so and Rose will be "totally unaware" of this. Zac, Zac, the Lego maniac, your life is in your hands. Whoosh!!!! Bless you my son, now go away, you bother me, and stop basking in my glory.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jaSoo9hPi4



Naw, I can't read KC's mind, but if I were KC, that would be my attitude. :evil:



There were three players with 20+ points, Kyle Davis, Chase Fischer, and Zac Seljaas. There were two more in double figures, Nick Emery and THE COLLINSWORTH.
N
nuk13
I again watched the game on byutv. If I were picking a best player I'd be hard pressed to pass up Kyle Davis. He is a rebounder/scorer prominently listed on the ncaa's double double list. When the others are clanking 3s off the rim he is paying attention and getting more than his share of offensive rebounds. He can score very well and looks to me to take high %age shots rather than chancy 3s. Was he the player of the game last night, no, I'd give that to the freshman Seljaas and Collingsworth. Urroner (what the heqq does that mean?) described Seljaas's game well. Of course Collinsworth would get the other half of the game ball which would have to be used as bowls. Still you can count on KD pretty much every game.



I'd like to like Fisher more but I shudder every time he crosses the half stripe and the ball comes near him. Sometimes his near record distance shot goes in, too often it doesn't. Maybe the thing that hurt him, the team and coach is the 30 pt. game last year. KC and KD have way more triple doubles and double doubles than CF has games like that. He has decent speed and can play some defense and can pass when he will. It seems like his desire for making 3s takes his mind off the other parts of the game.
U
urroner
nuk13 wrote:
Urroner (what the heqq does that mean?) described Seljaas's game well.


I am the judge of all that is pure and righteous. I am "Your Honor" and as the duly (dis)appointed judge of all that is pure and righteous, I find Schmoe severely lacking and this finding is soundly based on the legal act of a falsis principiis proficisci. Thus have I decreed, ut scriptum, sic factum :bug:
Advertisement
N
nuk13
urroner wrote:
Urroner (what the heqq does that mean?) described Seljaas's game well.


I am the judge of all that is pure and righteous. I am "Your Honor" and as the duly (dis)appointed judge of all that is pure and righteous, I find Schmoe severely lacking and this finding is soundly based on the legal act of a falsis principiis proficisci. Thus have I decreed, ut scriptum, sic factum :bug:


Thanks. I've only taken a little Greek and don't know anyone who'll teach me Latin.
B
byufan4ever
Qman wrote:
A few notes from the game:



This game was a shoot out. C. Michigan has a small team with some shooters and strong slasher. KC was given the key defensive assignment and mostly did well.



We went small in the second half with Kaufusi being replaced by Seljaas who was on fire from the 3 point line. It mostly worked defensively and gave us enough firepower to outscore C. Michigan.



Emery and Fischer mostly played under control.



Davis provided some badly needed inside scoring to complement Fischer, Emery and Seljaas bombing away.



Overall we were more talented and played just well enough to win. But if all those 3's didn't go we would have been in trouble. Our team defense still needs a lot of work.


I think this sums the game up pretty well! Emery didn't do much offensively the second half. And we should have fed the post a LOT more and sooner. KC should have been able to post up any of their guards. It was very fun being able to witness a KC triple double. The Marriott Center looks great! I sat right next to the ROC and it finally filled up partway through the first half. Students must have been finishing up final exams. But the ROC was amazing and the students were very entertaining on the big screen.
U
urroner
nuk13 wrote:
nuk13 wrote:
Urroner (what the heqq does that mean?) described Seljaas's game well.


I am the judge of all that is pure and righteous. I am "Your Honor" and as the duly (dis)appointed judge of all that is pure and righteous, I find Schmoe severely lacking and this finding is soundly based on the legal act of a falsis principiis proficisci. Thus have I decreed, ut scriptum, sic factum :bug:


Thanks. I've only taken a little Greek and don't know anyone who'll teach me Latin.


a falsis principiis proficisci - to set forth from false principles, separate the good stuff from the garbage.



ut scriptum, sic factum - As it is written, so it is done..



BTW, I know nothing about Latin, just have a list of awesome sayings.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.