Archived Topic

Football scoop reporting: Sitake to take job if KN declines

by Fido · 12/16/2015

Advertisement
F
Fido
http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BYU: Sources tell us that Oregon State defensive coordinator Kalani Sitake is prepared, and is expected, to become the next head coach at BYU, in the event that Ken Niumatalolo turns the job down.
F
frdbtr
Well, last night KSL reported that Sitake felt like the interview he had Monday night was a "token" interview. Doesn't sound to me like he is ready to take the job.
F
Fido
677161946303565825
B
BoiseBYU
frdbtr wrote:
Well, last night KSL reported that Sitake felt like the interview he had Monday night was a "token" interview. Doesn't sound to me like he is ready to take the job.


That is not a quote you want to hear (or make)
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
BoiseBYU wrote:
Well, last night KSL reported that Sitake felt like the interview he had Monday night was a "token" interview. Doesn't sound to me like he is ready to take the job.


That is not a quote you want to hear (or make)


From what I've heard, Sitake may have been ruled out quickly on the requirement that the head coach be active LDS.
W
Wolverine
snoscythe wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
Well, last night KSL reported that Sitake felt like the interview he had Monday night was a "token" interview. Doesn't sound to me like he is ready to take the job.


That is not a quote you want to hear (or make)


From what I've heard, Sitake may have been ruled out quickly on the requirement that the head coach be active LDS.

If this were indeed the case, where does that leave TH at this point if KN says no? Were the powers to be too quick in dismissing Anae as a possibility? This will be interesting in how it plays out over the next few days. At least I hope it will only be a few days. I have no idea who the next HC will be, and I'm not sure anyone else does as well, including TH and the BoT. This worries me :bug:
S
snoscythe
The longer this goes, I think it's more likely that it will be someone that no one has talked about in much depth to this point. I've got to believe that Holmoe knows of more candidates than the media and fan boards do.
W
Wolverine
snoscythe wrote:
The longer this goes, I think it's more likely that it will be someone that no one has talked about in much depth to this point. I've got to believe that Holmoe knows of more candidates than the media and fan boards do.

Sno, I think that this very well might be the case as well. No matter who is hired, in some corners there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Regardless, a HC will be hired, a staff put in place, and the program moves on. It won't be until the actual product is on the field, and results are in place, that anyone will no for sure if what is about to transpire will be for the good or for the bad. I like to think that it will be for the good :)
S
Schmoe
If it's not someone we've talked about much, it'll be extremely underwhelming (unless it's my boy the Walrus, Andy Reid).
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Schmoe wrote:
If it's not someone we've talked about much, it'll be extremely underwhelming (unless it's my boy the Walrus, Andy Reid).


I have said it before, Andy Reid is the only trade up from Bronco that has been mentioned as a candidate and he really isn't a candidate at all because the likelihood of him being hired is so close to 0 that it isn't measurable. Kind of like in Dumb and dumber.
M
mraven
So you're saying there's a chance!
U
urroner
mraven wrote:
So you're saying there's a chance!

It has a snowball's change in Hell.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2014-01-08-original2.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Once more thread tanked bc of the dumberest idea of them all.
S
stuckinbig10country
I wouldn't trust this source...he's the one that said Christian Stewart would be the opening day QB last year because Hill was going to be suspended due to the NCAA investigation (sockgate).



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Once more thread tanked bc of the dumberest idea of them all.


Sorry I "tanked" such a valuable and information-rich thread. My bad :P
U
urroner
Schmoe wrote:
Once more thread tanked bc of the dumberest idea of them all.


Sorry I "tanked" such a valuable and information-rich thread. My bad :P

Schmoe, you have been warned...repeatedly...to stop reading threads until nobody has posted to them for several weeks...and my name ain't "nobody," though I am perfect.



As I child, I never had to be paid to be good; therefore, I was good for nothing.
M
mraven
snoscythe wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
Well, last night KSL reported that Sitake felt like the interview he had Monday night was a "token" interview. Doesn't sound to me like he is ready to take the job.


That is not a quote you want to hear (or make)


From what I've heard, Sitake may have been ruled out quickly on the requirement that the head coach be active LDS.


So are you saying Sitake isn't an "active" member of the church? If that's true, I really could see that giving certain people heartburn. The football program (i.e. a missionary tool) led by someone who maybe doesn't even believe? I'm not suggesting it's right or wrong, but I can definitely see it as a problem for Sitake if he wants the job.



Isn't that kind of like having a mission president who is inactive? ;)
F
Fido
677252165572927488
S
Stirfry
mraven wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
Well, last night KSL reported that Sitake felt like the interview he had Monday night was a "token" interview. Doesn't sound to me like he is ready to take the job.


That is not a quote you want to hear (or make)


From what I've heard, Sitake may have been ruled out quickly on the requirement that the head coach be active LDS.


So are you saying Sitake isn't an "active" member of the church? If that's true, I really could see that giving certain people heartburn. The football program (i.e. a missionary tool) led by someone who maybe doesn't even believe? I'm not suggesting it's right or wrong, but I can definitely see it as a problem for Sitake if he wants the job.



Isn't that kind of like having a mission president who is inactive? ;)




This is so hard to believe. Why would kalani even interview if he's not active? I'd believe if BYU thought this guy might be too rough around the edges but Kalani would be setting himself (and BYU) for failure if he's inactive and is bothering to interview.



Where is the KSL report on Sitaki feeling like his interview was a token effort?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.