Archived Topic

All I want for Christmas

by frdbtr · 12/15/2015

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Is for Kalani Sitake to stay at OSU. I don't want him as Head Coach, I don't want him as Dcoordinator, I don't want anything to do with him. Please stay at OSU and keep their defense playing poorly. Please don't come to BYU and destroy what Bronco built.
C
Cougs_Rule
And your solution?

Better buy some red shirts cause , I think he's the guy....as long as he has a temple recommend.

Well, I guess you could go green as well. Word has it they are looking for BYU rejects.
M
mtnradio
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Word has it they are looking for BYU rejects.




What word? Was it spoken and come with music? ;)



Seriously, what (or who's) word?
S
Schmoe
Couldn't agree more with the OP. I have nothing personally against Sitake, but his performance as DC has been awful. He makes teams worse.
C
Cougs_Rule
mtnradio wrote:
Word has it they are looking for BYU rejects.




What word? Was it spoken and come with music? ;)



Seriously, what (or who's) word?






Um, UVU? :roll:
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
It appears BYU has put the full court press in to get Kilani so I have decided to not criticize this hire. I am going to go into wait and see mode with this. I hope he turns out to be a good coach. If he does to BYU what Norm Chow did to Hawaii (when everyone wanted him after Crowton was fired luckily he turned us down flat), then I am really going to be upset about this hire.
R
runbyu1
All I want for Christmas...



...is Ty Detmer on staff at BYU!
S
Stirfry
frdbtr wrote:
It appears BYU has put the full court press in to get Kilani so I have decided to not criticize this hire. I am going to go into wait and see mode with this. I hope he turns out to be a good coach. If he does to BYU what Norm Chow did to Hawaii (when everyone wanted him after Crowton was fired luckily he turned us down flat), then I am really going to be upset about this hire.


So your friends and family now get off easy on your Christmas gifts?



I think he's as good of an option as anyone. He's willing, has lots of experience, and has a reputation as a great recruiter and can get the poly pipeline. There's not another option better than him that's willing with his experience and there's not another close with his poly reputation.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
Stirfry wrote:
It appears BYU has put the full court press in to get Kilani so I have decided to not criticize this hire. I am going to go into wait and see mode with this. I hope he turns out to be a good coach. If he does to BYU what Norm Chow did to Hawaii (when everyone wanted him after Crowton was fired luckily he turned us down flat), then I am really going to be upset about this hire.


So your friends and family now get off easy on your Christmas gifts?



I think he's as good of an option as anyone. He's willing, has lots of experience, and has a reputation as a great recruiter and can get the poly pipeline. There's not another option better than him that's willing with his experience and there's not another close with his poly reputation.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Then make him the HC/recruiting coordinator and get good coordinators to run the offense and defense. His track record as a Dcoordinator is not good.
S
Stirfry
frdbtr wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
It appears BYU has put the full court press in to get Kilani so I have decided to not criticize this hire. I am going to go into wait and see mode with this. I hope he turns out to be a good coach. If he does to BYU what Norm Chow did to Hawaii (when everyone wanted him after Crowton was fired luckily he turned us down flat), then I am really going to be upset about this hire.


So your friends and family now get off easy on your Christmas gifts?



I think he's as good of an option as anyone. He's willing, has lots of experience, and has a reputation as a great recruiter and can get the poly pipeline. There's not another option better than him that's willing with his experience and there's not another close with his poly reputation.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Then make him the HC/recruiting coordinator and get good coordinators to run the offense and defense. His track record as a Dcoordinator is not good.


Hopefully that's the plan.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
frdbtr wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
It appears BYU has put the full court press in to get Kilani so I have decided to not criticize this hire. I am going to go into wait and see mode with this. I hope he turns out to be a good coach. If he does to BYU what Norm Chow did to Hawaii (when everyone wanted him after Crowton was fired luckily he turned us down flat), then I am really going to be upset about this hire.


So your friends and family now get off easy on your Christmas gifts?



I think he's as good of an option as anyone. He's willing, has lots of experience, and has a reputation as a great recruiter and can get the poly pipeline. There's not another option better than him that's willing with his experience and there's not another close with his poly reputation.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Then make him the HC/recruiting coordinator and get good coordinators to run the offense and defense. His track record as a Dcoordinator is not good.


If he's hired as HC, why wouldn't that be the plan?
F
frdbtr
BoiseBYU wrote:
Stirfry wrote:
It appears BYU has put the full court press in to get Kilani so I have decided to not criticize this hire. I am going to go into wait and see mode with this. I hope he turns out to be a good coach. If he does to BYU what Norm Chow did to Hawaii (when everyone wanted him after Crowton was fired luckily he turned us down flat), then I am really going to be upset about this hire.


So your friends and family now get off easy on your Christmas gifts?



I think he's as good of an option as anyone. He's willing, has lots of experience, and has a reputation as a great recruiter and can get the poly pipeline. There's not another option better than him that's willing with his experience and there's not another close with his poly reputation.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Then make him the HC/recruiting coordinator and get good coordinators to run the offense and defense. His track record as a Dcoordinator is not good.


If he's hired as HC, why wouldn't that be the plan?


Bronco ran the defense most of his time at BYU.
K
KingCoug
I want us to win on Saturday, first of all.



Since it's not going to be Niumatalolo, and I have my own hesitations about Sitake, who else is there besides Andersen? No, I don't believe the Whittingham conjecture.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
frdbtr wrote:
Is for Kalani Sitake to stay at OSU. I don't want him as Head Coach, I don't want him as Dcoordinator, I don't want anything to do with him. Please stay at OSU and keep their defense playing poorly. Please don't come to BYU and destroy what Bronco built.


I'm not convinced that I want Kalani Sitake as the head coach, but there are aspects that are attractive (his relationships with everyone he's worked with and his recruiting success).



I'd have to admit that it doesn't make me feel at ease that Sitake's defense had such a poor season on paper. I didn't follow OSU that much to know if there were injuries, etc., but of course that was in the big, bad PAC 12 where all the other teams are just too ferocious to fathom. His record at the team up north was very good, but I don't know for sure how much of that was him and how much was KW.
K
KingCoug
Sitake certainly has his supporters for him being the new HC. Whatever reservations or questions we have, could they be outweighed by the benefits he'd bring, especially in terms of Poly recruits?





If BYU hires Kalani Sitake, All-Poly camp coach says it could be a 'game changer'

http://m.deseretnews.com/article/865643929/If-BYU-hires-Kalani-Sitake-All-Poly-camp-coach-says-it-could-be-a-game-changer.html?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cougarboard.com%2Fboard%2Fmessage.html%3Fid%3D15129639" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
EM_Puma wrote:
Is for Kalani Sitake to stay at OSU. I don't want him as Head Coach, I don't want him as Dcoordinator, I don't want anything to do with him. Please stay at OSU and keep their defense playing poorly. Please don't come to BYU and destroy what Bronco built.


I'm not convinced that I want Kalani Sitake as the head coach, but there are aspects that are attractive (his relationships with everyone he's worked with and his recruiting success).



I'd have to admit that it doesn't make me feel at ease that Sitake's defense had such a poor season on paper. I didn't follow OSU that much to know if there were injuries, etc., but of course that was in the big, bad PAC 12 where all the other teams are just too ferocious to fathom. His record at the team up north was very good, but I don't know for sure how much of that was him and how much was KW.


He has never made a defense better as DC, ever.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
Schmoe wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
Is for Kalani Sitake to stay at OSU. I don't want him as Head Coach, I don't want him as Dcoordinator, I don't want anything to do with him. Please stay at OSU and keep their defense playing poorly. Please don't come to BYU and destroy what Bronco built.


I'm not convinced that I want Kalani Sitake as the head coach, but there are aspects that are attractive (his relationships with everyone he's worked with and his recruiting success).



I'd have to admit that it doesn't make me feel at ease that Sitake's defense had such a poor season on paper. I didn't follow OSU that much to know if there were injuries, etc., but of course that was in the big, bad PAC 12 where all the other teams are just too ferocious to fathom. His record at the team up north was very good, but I don't know for sure how much of that was him and how much was KW.


He has never made a defense better as DC, ever.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


This is my problem with him. Everyone talks about him like he craps ice cream but I don't see the results on the field. It seemed like every year there were news reports out of Utah that Kwhit redesigned the defense to make it better up north and then he turned out the 111th ranked defense at OSU this year. I am not interested in 0-12 seasons like what Norm Chow did at Hawaii, who was the last Polynesian wonder coach that BYU was so hot to get. Luckily, he told us to pound sand and we got Bronco instead. Who is going to save us from ourselves this time.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.