S
stuckinbig10countryThis is a huge break for BYU Football, and actually looks pretty good for the Church as well.
First, Ken N is an amazing coach, an even better man, and would have been a wonderful representative of the mission of BYU. But I am convinced he would have fit in at BYU as well as Rich Rod fit in at Michigan. It would have been asking too much of either Ken changing to fit BYU FOOTBALL or BYU FOOTBALL to fit Ken. It's ok. I'm glad they met and realized it's not going to work. It's not anyone's fault, it's just the way it is.
Second, not every important Mormon needs to be at BYU. In fact, it's kind of a good thing that some aren't. This is one example where I believe more good can be done in a different part of Zion. Kind of the lift where you stand principle discussed by Pres Uchtdorf many conferences ago (I was still in Ohio at the time, so at least 6 years ago).
First, Ken N is an amazing coach, an even better man, and would have been a wonderful representative of the mission of BYU. But I am convinced he would have fit in at BYU as well as Rich Rod fit in at Michigan. It would have been asking too much of either Ken changing to fit BYU FOOTBALL or BYU FOOTBALL to fit Ken. It's ok. I'm glad they met and realized it's not going to work. It's not anyone's fault, it's just the way it is.
Second, not every important Mormon needs to be at BYU. In fact, it's kind of a good thing that some aren't. This is one example where I believe more good can be done in a different part of Zion. Kind of the lift where you stand principle discussed by Pres Uchtdorf many conferences ago (I was still in Ohio at the time, so at least 6 years ago).

