B
byucougar1During the press conference where Bronco announced his resignation with TH at his side, he mentioned that TH had inquired as to whom he recommended to replace him as coach. I never heard via twitter if TH gave consideration to his suggestion. If it was any of the coaches that left the program to follow Bronco to UVA (Anae, 2J, JBeck, Atuaia, et. al.), then TH rejected his recommendation, and was in line with Bronco that it was time for a change and a new direction is needed.
I believe that TH realizes that in order to field the best team to successfully compete with the teams they face on the upcoming schedule, the team must step up in terms of recruiting top end talent. Bronco was not a recruiter but a good closer. The new coach should be both and have a staff that mirrors his enthusiasm. I believe that the Poly connection will need to be secured...any combo of Niumatalolo and Sitake will help to address that challenge. I am sure that TH will have in mind some recommendations for assistants and will take a more active part in assembling the staff than previously.
The stakes are higher this time around when selecting a coaching staff. BYU is poised to be considered in the NY 6 games and playoff should they play well on the big stage against big name opponents. As has been noted previously, should they do well on the field and at the gate, a P5 invite in the future is a strong possibility. TH needs to get this coaching selection just right or the window of opportunity will close forever.
I believe that TH realizes that in order to field the best team to successfully compete with the teams they face on the upcoming schedule, the team must step up in terms of recruiting top end talent. Bronco was not a recruiter but a good closer. The new coach should be both and have a staff that mirrors his enthusiasm. I believe that the Poly connection will need to be secured...any combo of Niumatalolo and Sitake will help to address that challenge. I am sure that TH will have in mind some recommendations for assistants and will take a more active part in assembling the staff than previously.
The stakes are higher this time around when selecting a coaching staff. BYU is poised to be considered in the NY 6 games and playoff should they play well on the big stage against big name opponents. As has been noted previously, should they do well on the field and at the gate, a P5 invite in the future is a strong possibility. TH needs to get this coaching selection just right or the window of opportunity will close forever.

