Archived Topic

Cory Calvert transferring from BYU

by Fido · 12/14/2015

Advertisement
F
Fido
676469614847524865

676469916145336321

2015-16 to 2016-17 changes:

Outgoing:

Graduating

Nate Austin (walk-on)

Kyle Collinsworth

Chase Fischer



Transferring

Cory Calvert



Mission

Zac Seljaas



Incoming:

From Mission

Payton Dastrup

TJ Haws

Eric Mika

Graham Pingree (walk-on)



2016 Class

Yoeli Childs



5 out, 5 in. Scholarship crunch resolved.
B
byufan4ever
That makes me sad. I thought Calvert was a decent player that deserved more PT.
Q
Qman
Wow. We are going to be really thin on the guard line next year.



We only have Emery, Haws, Bryant and Chatman. Toolson is a SF only sort of athlete. And after that.....Hartsock?
N
nuk13
byufan4ever wrote:
That makes me sad. I thought Calvert was a decent player that deserved more PT.


I agree. It appears that within a couple of years we are going from a guard oriented offense to a forward oriented offense. I wish he'd stay but he wasn't getting playing time. I'll bet he will where he's going.
S
SpiffCoug
Never impressed me.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I have to expect that if he was going to make a sufficient contribution that Rose would have given him more playing time. Could possibly have been "counselled out". It happens and someone had to go to make room for arrivals next year. Just seems unusual the timing, but then he can take the floor for his new team in one year's time. I wish him luck.
B
billbillbillbill
It's finals week so makes sense to me. He can transfer and get started with the new semester somewhere else.
F
Fido
Guards

Emery, Haws, Bryant, Chatman, Toolson



Forwards/Center

Aytes (6'6"), Childs (6'7"), Davis (6'8"), Pingree (6'8"), Hartsock (6'8"), Shaw (6'9"), Kaufusi (6'10"), Mika (6'10"), Dastrup (6'10"), Hamson (7'2")



Definitely big man heavy next year.
S
scott715
UVU just got better.



PS I don't know where he is going.
B
BYULV
I think he will be very successful where ever he ends up if he gets playing time. I think he could have been a really good guard for us. Unfortunately we have great guards in front of him.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
I was never that high on Calvert.



But honestly, if you're a PG, you're not getting PT these days. Another casualty of KC running point.



It should be Emery and Calvert running point. Calvert should be getting at least 10 min a night.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
Fido wrote:
Guards

Emery, Haws, Bryant, Chatman, Toolson



Forwards/Center

Aytes (6'6"), Childs (6'7"), Davis (6'8"), Pingree (6'8"), Hartsock (6'8"), Shaw (6'9"), Kaufusi (6'10"), Mika (6'10"), Dastrup (6'10"), Hamson (7'2")



Definitely big man heavy next year.

Good.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
H
hamaca
Is Kyle Davis going to be the only senior next year?
N
nuk13
hamaca wrote:
Is Kyle Davis going to be the only senior next year?


According to the roster at BYU's sight Davis is the only junior on the roster, so at this point he will be the only senior next year.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.