Archived Topic

Army's cheerleaders chant "BYU" to Ken Niumatalolo

by a1247 · 12/12/2015

Advertisement
A
a1247
While being interviewed today on ESPN's GameDay the Army's cheerleaders started to chant BYU right behind Ken N.



Also during the game it was mentioned that most believe that if Ken was to come to BYU most on his staff will stay at Navy.



Here's a link to the GameDay interview



http://fansided.com/2015/12/12/army-cheerleaders-byu-chant-ken-niumatalolo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D
Ddawg
Wow! That's pretty crazy - chanting "BYU" as a slam. Whatever floats yer boat - as they say. Interesting.
S
Stirfry
Navy cheerleaders should have stood behind the army coach and chanted 2 and 9, 2 and 9!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
Fido
I've been watching some of the last quarter of the Army-Navy game and haven't been impressed by Navy's offense. My desire for Niumatalolo has been tempered a bit.
K
KYCoug
I can only hope if he is chosen is that he hires some very good coordinators. That Navy offensive sucks! I know one key coach Edwards had was his staff was very good. The staff can be just as important as the coach and it appears like who ever it is they will pretty much start with an almost all new staff.
Advertisement
S
Stirfry
Maybe Had the td if he throws it far enough. Risky play with the game on the line



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Navy wins to go to 10-2
S
Schmoe
Fido wrote:
I've been watching some of the last quarter of the Army-Navy game and haven't been impressed by Navy's offense. My desire for Niumatalolo has been tempered a bit.


Watching part of one quarter is a great way to evaluate a coach...
B
BYULV
They're a good team and offense, not at all defined by one quarter in a rivalry game.
A
a1247
Ddawg wrote:
Wow! That's pretty crazy - chanting "BYU" as a slam. Whatever floats yer boat - as they say. Interesting.

I didn't take it as a slam at all. I think it was done more as a distraction in hopes of rattling him and making him uncomfortable. I'm sure the Army fans are hoping he leaves ASP!
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
Fido wrote:
I've been watching some of the last quarter of the Army-Navy game and haven't been impressed by Navy's offense. My desire for Niumatalolo has been tempered a bit.


But has he ever lost to his rival?
G
Guest
vancouvercougar wrote:
I've been watching some of the last quarter of the Army-Navy game and haven't been impressed by Navy's offense. My desire for Niumatalolo has been tempered a bit.


But has he ever lost to his rival?


It's nice to have a rival who is the worst team in college football*





*Give or take.
S
Schmoe
vancouvercougar wrote:
I've been watching some of the last quarter of the Army-Navy game and haven't been impressed by Navy's offense. My desire for Niumatalolo has been tempered a bit.


But has he ever lost to his rival?


This is silly. His rival hasn't been nationally-relevant in decades and hadn't beaten Navy for 6 straight years before he became head coach. I like Ken N, but to pretend Army-Navy is anything like BYU-Utah is disingenuous. BTW, Navy lost to Air Force just last year.
B
BYULV
Schmoe wrote:
Fido wrote:
I've been watching some of the last quarter of the Army-Navy game and haven't been impressed by Navy's offense. My desire for Niumatalolo has been tempered a bit.


But has he ever lost to his rival?


This is silly. His rival hasn't been nationally-relevant in decades and hadn't beaten Navy for 6 straight years before he became head coach. I like Ken N, but to pretend Army-Navy is anything like BYU-Utah is disingenuous. BTW, Navy lost to Air Force just last year.


Army-Navy is way, way more of a rivalry than BYU-Utah has ever been. Maybe lacks the nastiness and hate of our rivalry, but they live and breath that rivalry all year long, not just during game week.
B
BroncoBot
BYULV wrote:
vancouvercougar wrote:
I've been watching some of the last quarter of the Army-Navy game and haven't been impressed by Navy's offense. My desire for Niumatalolo has been tempered a bit.


But has he ever lost to his rival?


This is silly. His rival hasn't been nationally-relevant in decades and hadn't beaten Navy for 6 straight years before he became head coach. I like Ken N, but to pretend Army-Navy is anything like BYU-Utah is disingenuous. BTW, Navy lost to Air Force just last year.


Army-Navy is way, way more of a rivalry than BYU-Utah has ever been. Maybe lacks the nastiness and hate of our rivalry, but they live and breath that rivalry all year long, not just during game week.

When you haven't beat your rival for more than a decade, the rivalry is on life support.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
BYULV wrote:
vancouvercougar wrote:
I've been watching some of the last quarter of the Army-Navy game and haven't been impressed by Navy's offense. My desire for Niumatalolo has been tempered a bit.


But has he ever lost to his rival?


This is silly. His rival hasn't been nationally-relevant in decades and hadn't beaten Navy for 6 straight years before he became head coach. I like Ken N, but to pretend Army-Navy is anything like BYU-Utah is disingenuous. BTW, Navy lost to Air Force just last year.


Army-Navy is way, way more of a rivalry than BYU-Utah has ever been. Maybe lacks the nastiness and hate of our rivalry, but they live and breath that rivalry all year long, not just during game week.


Please view the context of what I said. When was the last time Army was ranked? Hell, they've had ONE winning season since 1996, and we're supposed to think that because a coach was able to beat them that it's somehow an indicator of how well they'll do vs :utard: ?
K
KingCoug
BYULV wrote:
Army-Navy is way, way more of a rivalry than BYU-Utah has ever been. Maybe lacks the nastiness and hate of our rivalry, but they live and breath that rivalry all year long, not just during game week.


Are you kidding me? Do you live in a cave? The rivalry and hate between Y and U fans, at least here in Utah, is year-round and neverending. Hardly something just during game week.
M
Mars
Schmoe wrote:
BTW, Navy lost to Air Force just last year.

And beat them 33-11 this year. Does BYU have a single win as good this season?
S
Schmoe
Mars wrote:
BTW, Navy lost to Air Force just last year.

And beat them 33-11 this year. Does BYU have a single win as good this season?


No, not a single one, multiple ones according to Sagarin -- Nebraska, BSU, Cincy, and Utah St.



PS-again, context, we're talking about winning and losing vs rivals, and I'd say AFA is a rival of Navy.
B
BroncoBot
Schmoe wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
BTW, Navy lost to Air Force just last year.

And beat them 33-11 this year. Does BYU have a single win as good this season?


No, not a single one, multiple ones according to Sagarin -- Nebraska, BSU, Cincy, and Utah St.

"BUT DID WE BEAT THOSE TEAMS BY 22 POINTS. BYU just got lucky dude..."



signed,



some lacking in knowledge fans



(and yes I'm riding on my high horse tonight, that BBall game got me fired up).
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.