Archived Topic

Who Do You Want???

by cougarapologist · 12/7/2015

Advertisement
C
cougarapologist
I want Lance Johnson as Head Coach, with Steve Sarkisian as OC!



Anybody else have an opinion?
S
snoscythe
I want Tidwell.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
Ygridiron4ever
Ty Detmer on the staff
R
redneckjedi
I want some random, anonymous CougarCorner poster calling the offense. Finally, we won't be so obvious and predictable.
C
Cougarfan87
snoscythe wrote:
I want Tidwell.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


That's an interesting thought. I met him at one of the firesides. He was the nicest guy, and you can tell the players love him. Any reason in particular you want him?
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Cougarfan87 wrote:
I want Tidwell.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


That's an interesting thought. I met him at one of the firesides. He was the nicest guy, and you can tell the players love him. Any reason in particular you want him?


He is the internal promotion candidate who has been here through both Bronco and Crowton and understands what the program expects. BYU was grooming Doman for the next HC, but he flamed out. Tidwell is the steady hand that can keep things on course within the organizational model that will be Bronco's legacy until the next heir-apparent is groomed and ready to take over the reins. Players love him, the other coaches respect him, and he is the right type of guy to be the face of BYU football, and by extension, BYU--personable and humble.



You look at the position groups he's coached, and they've always been the most dependable points of BYU's team in those years:



2000-03 = running backs and recruiting coordinator for Crowton years. (McDonald, Staley, Whalen, Braithwaite, Fahu Tahi)

2005-present = inside linebackers coach (Cam Jensen, Poppinga, Staffieri, Clawson, Spencer Hadley, Ogletree, Kaveinga, Uani Unga, Harvey Langi etc., plus what he did with converted guys like Mike Alisa)



He also has JC head coaching experience, and did well in those three years before Crowton picked him up.
C
Cougs_Rule
I like Sitake well enough. But would Anae or 2J, Kaufusi stick around for a younger guy?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.