Archived Topic

Does BYU announce a new Head Coach before the Las Vegas Bowl

by SpiffCoug · 12/6/2015

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I think they do.
G
Gunk
I don't think so. Simply because I think the new HC will be Anae and announcing him as the new HC prior to the bowl game could create some sideline rifts.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
1
1967cougar
Yes . . . . before all out current assistant coaches leave for known positions and aren't left wondering about their future at the Y.
S
snoscythe
Absolutely. They need to for recruits and to give the new guy the longest runway possible for retaining old or hiring new coaches.



Until they name the new guy, recruits and assistant coaches are open for poaching with no answers from BYU, and the best ones go first.
C
Cougs_Rule
If a decision is made, I hope so. Next year is more important than "getting Bronco his 100th win" :roll:

He has stepped away from a growing Legacy status. laVels disappointment is indicative of this.

I hope so for the sake of recruiting, signees, and retention. If THill goes with him and worse yet, Jamal, then there will be some serious steadying of the ship that is needed.

For these reasons I also hope that Bronco just moves on or the university shows him the door so the team can move on. The bowl game is at least as much about building for spring and next year as it is a cap stone on this year.

LaVels disappointment is good enough to justify my own and therefore the need for this team to feel full approval to move on.

I will miss Bronco and feel bummed at his departure, but he doesn't deserve a legacy game/statement by the university. Sorry, that's how it is. I am grateful for him for rescuing it from Crowton, but any coach could've. Crowton was a mistake. Bar couldn't get much lower.

So, yes! Please announce TH! If you haven't noticed, you buried BYU with the 2016 schedule and the sooner you move on the better!! You even have freshman showing up in January.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Cougs_Rule wrote:
If a decision is made, I hope so. Next year is more important than "getting Bronco his 100th win" :roll:

yes


He has stepped away from a growing Legacy status. laVels disappointment is indicative of this.
I read what Lavell said, didn't see much disappointment other than being surprised.


I hope so for the sake of recruiting, signees, and retention. If THill goes with him and worse yet, Jamal, then there will be some serious steadying of the ship that is needed.
That would really stink if those two left.
S
snoscythe
Let me clarify--the new hire will be announced, but Bronco will still coach the bowl game, no matter what. The other guy will use any intervening days to work on administrative and staffing issues.
B
BroncoBot
snoscythe wrote:
Let me clarify--the new hire will be announced, but Bronco will still coach the bowl game, no matter what. The other guy will use any intervening days to work on administrative and staffing issues.

Thanks, I thought we all were on the same page regarding this. It's already been stated that Bronco will coach the bowl game.
C
Cougs_Rule
Well, if its a done deal that Bronco wil coach, it seems indulgent of BYU and TH. if Bronco will lay it all on the line and he can get his players to do so, its a good year to get them. IF Bronco does this, maybe his D calling gives BYU its best chance. But our Oline and WR better bring some beastie or this will look like Michigan all over again. ALL they need to do is lock down our WRs and rush the crap out of TM and this game is over. Anae better figure out the run and not wait til the 2nd half to get something going.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.