Archived Topic

BYU vs WS

by BroncoBot · 12/5/2015

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Bolamboy (?sp?) is a beast. BYU needs someone like him.
S
scott715
We won by 5. I saw pieces online with the sound off during my meeting. Waiting to see the box score to see what happened.
B
byufan4ever
I watched the game later on Saturday night online, but my Internet was having issues so I had to watch it with lots of buffering and blurry images...but my take is that Weber St. played us really tough. First half both teams were on fire shooting wise. Second half Weber St. cooled off, but there was sloppy play from both teams. Fischer decided to show up for the second game in a row so that's nice! But Kaufusi, he has really regressed. He thinks about his post moves too much and yes, he his throwing his elbow trying to create more space for himself. They could have called that a couple of extra times on him this game. And he's not going straight up on defense. He looked so good early on, not sure what's wrong now.



Here are how the players performed:


Weber St..PNG

And here is the season snapshot:


BYU Summary 2015-12-06.PNG

Also at halftime there was an interview with TH about the small issue of finding a new football head coach. He all but said the person has to be LDS. He mentioned having to deal with lots of RMs and players getting married...And said this will most likely be has last football hire so he wants it to be a good one!
B
BlueK
Decent game for BYU. The defense got better in the second half. Weber State is a pretty good team picked to win their conference, so it may end up being a top 100 win by the end of the year. Emery didn't play, so getting him back for USU will be nice.
B
billbillbillbill
I got to attend this at Vivint Arena. Crowd was not huge but still in it.



1st Half- BYU struggled defensively and Weber State didn't miss a shot. Those two things definitely were integrated.



2nd Half- BYU tightened up on defense, got some steals, rebounds, and took control. Weber has a couple of pretty good players which kept them in it.



Kyle didn't force a ton of shots which was nice. I liked watching Davis offensively but he struggled on defense. I think I miss Pope a bit more.



In listening to Rose after the game, he basically said that due to the issues they have seen at the beginning of the year, they have pulled back from the transition game and slowed it way down. Now that they are clicking a bit better, they are going to push it more in the coming games. I thought that was interesting.
Advertisement
B
BlueK
billbillbillbill wrote:
I got to attend this at Vivint Arena. Crowd was not huge but still in it.



1st Half- BYU struggled defensively and Weber State didn't miss a shot. Those two things definitely were integrated.



2nd Half- BYU tightened up on defense, got some steals, rebounds, and took control. Weber has a couple of pretty good players which kept them in it.



Kyle didn't force a ton of shots which was nice. I liked watching Davis offensively but he struggled on defense. I think I miss Pope a bit more.



In listening to Rose after the game, he basically said that due to the issues they have seen at the beginning of the year, they have pulled back from the transition game and slowed it way down. Now that they are clicking a bit better, they are going to push it more in the coming games. I thought that was interesting.


yeah, I read Rose's comment and also thought it was interesting that they've been slowing it down in practice to work on execution. The offense did look pretty good throughout the game, so maybe it's working.
Q
Qman
I wonder how much of the improved offense was Weber St. inability to pressure our guards and how much KC being the sole creator. Emery is good but he and KC don't have great chemistry on the court yet.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.