Archived Topic

To those who have been hoping for Bronco to be replaced...

by cscoug · 12/5/2015

Advertisement
C
cscoug
I have a question: This candidate that you are projecting will be better than Bronco, is he someone you can identify, or is he a hopeful, nameless entity?



I'm curious, because I fear he does not exist at present. Of all the hopefuls, I am most intrigued by Lance Anderson. I fear he will actually be Robert Anae. Regardless of who it is, the best I feel I can possibly hope for is potentially better than Bronco with some certain growing pains against a very difficult schedule next year and in the coming years.



To me, that is foreboding. I do not share in your collective optimism.
U
Ungoy
Most on this board agree with you. I did not want Bronco to leave, and I'm sick to my stomach for Byu football over it. I don't think we lure anyone better than he was.



It disgusts me to see people celebrating broncos departure saying things like good riddance or don't let the door hit you... etc. People are going to see, and I think see soon what Bronco meant to BYU and that prospect frightens me for the future.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
MesaCougFan
Ungoy wrote:
Most on this board agree with you. I did not want Bronco to leave, and I'm sick to my stomach for Byu football over it. I don't think we lure anyone better than he was.



It disgusts me to see people celebrating broncos departure saying things like good riddance or don't let the door hit you... etc. People are going to see, and I think see soon what Bronco meant to BYU and that prospect frightens me for the future.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


This is my worry as well.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
W
Wolverine
For all the anti-Bronco/Anae crowd you will see one of two things next season: 1. If the season is a disaster and things are worse, they will be like cockroaches when the lights come on. 2. If the season is a success and things are better, they will be the first to proclaim I told you so from the rooftops. I truly hope it will be the latter, but I fear it will be the former.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
KingCoug
The first year may be too soon to judge. Remember Bronco went 6-6 his first year and it was a MWC schedule.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
F
Fido
Next year will not be a measure of how good the new coach will be--their first 7 games will be very tough for a first year coach to emerge with a great record from.
S
Screamineagle
KingCoug wrote:
The first year may be too soon to judge. Remember Bronco went 6-6 his first year and it was a MWC schedule.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Bronco also took over a dumpster fire that is not what he is leaving.
B
BroncoBot
Screamineagle wrote:
The first year may be too soon to judge. Remember Bronco went 6-6 his first year and it was a MWC schedule.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Bronco also took over a dumpster fire that is not what he is leaving.

Exactly what I was going to say. Come on King, you know that comparison is apples and oranges.



And I'm not expecting the next coach to have a great year next year. It's a killer schedule (but it's been crazy how the last 2 years our difficult games have turned into much easier games and some teams come from no where). Will be an interesting season in 2016.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.