Archived Topic

Taysom to Virginia?

by 1967cougar · 12/4/2015

Advertisement
1
1967cougar
I usually don't start threads, just make stupid comments on others' threads, I'm surprised no one has brought this possibility up yet?
I
Isola
I would be surprised to see Taysom back at BYU. If he thinks he has a future in the NFL there are better places to spend your final year, like UVa or Michigan. He has two former head coaches he could reunite with.



And if he doesn't think he has a future in the NFL then he might as well move on with his non-sports career.
A
a1247
I just don't know why he would go to Virgina. They will be in a building year. Michigan IMO is the more likely choice.
G
Guest
If I were a betting man, my money would be on both Taysom and Jamaal Williams going to UVA.
M
mtnradio
Taysom ... to UVA

Jamaal ... may depend on who the new coach and OC are
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
hawkwing wrote:
If I were a betting man, my money would be on both Taysom and Jamaal Williams going to UVA.


Agreed. Plan on it. And if either stay, then all the better. but i think they are both gone.
Y
YNot
From a life-long and academic/career perspective, Taysom should go to either Michigan or UVA. Both are TREMENDOUS academic institutions. To have a BYU degree with a UM or UVA master's degree makes an exceptional resume.



From a football perspective:



- BYU has a good schedule. Two games in NFL stadiums and a bunch of games on ABC and ESPN/FOX. UCLA, Michigan St., Utah, Arizona, Mississippi St. - plus your home state rival in Boise St. Poinsettia Bowl at the end of the year is anti-climactic - and there will only be ONE at large spot for the NY6 in 2016 - because the Peach and Fiesta host the CFP.



- At Michigan, you play in the Big House EIGHT times - pretty sweet. Michigan starts off with FIVE games in the Big House. FIVE. Hawaii, UCF, Colorado (pretty easy lineup to break in as the new QB), then Penn St.! and WIsconsin! Road games at Rutgers, Michigan St., Iowa, and Ohio St.! That's a pretty sweet schedule against QUALITY competition down the stretch. Do well and play in the B1G championship and the Rose Bowl - may be even the CFP! Even a good but not great year you get to play in the Citrus Bowl on New Year's Day against an SEC opponent!



- UVA has a potentially easier schedule than BYU. UVA doesn't play FSU or Clemson in 2016. They play at Oregon, but then get UConn, Central Michigan, and FCS Richmond OOC. Then, the ACC Coastal Division with Wake Forest and Louisville as the cross-division opponents. If you do well, there's a chance to play Clemson or FSU in Charlotte for the ACC title - and a chance at the CFP or Orange Bowl.



Personally, I think Taysom heads to Michigan - and it's almost certain that Taysom leaves.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.