Archived Topic

UVA hired Bronco Mendenhall!!

by hawkwing · 12/4/2015

Advertisement
G
Guest
672902702607769600

Rumors are flying that UVA has hired Bronco Mendenhall.
A
a1247
Well those that wanted it you just got it I hope they don't regret it! My self personally I'm sick!
S
Schmoe
Just heard it on KSL news radio and it put a pit in my stomach. There are a few posters here who will be dancing in the street, but I'm not confident we find a replacement who can match the quality of Coach Mendenhall.
S
Stirfry
a1247 wrote:
Well those that wanted it you just got it I hope they don't regret it! My self personally I'm sick!


Well this will end speculation of what would happen.



I hate it and think odds are very low we end up better off. I hope bronco didn't leave due to byu pushing him out.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
1
1967cougar
I will always love Bronco for what he did at the Y. but for $15+ million over five years, I'd leave too. I wish him the best of luck.
S
snoscythe
Whelp. UVa just got a huge upgrade at HC, and I wouldn't be surprised if they pick up a Heisman contender (Hill) and Doak Walker candidate (JSwagg-Daddy) by the end of December as part of the package.



5 years and $16+ Million? That's hard to turn down for any man.



Best of luck to Bronco. Best of luck to Tom Holmoe.
B
BlueK
snoscythe wrote:
Whelp. UVa just got a huge upgrade at HC, and I wouldn't be surprised if they pick up a Heisman contender (Hill) and Doak Walker candidate (JSwagg-Daddy) by the end of December as part of the package.



5 years and $16+ Million? That's hard to turn down for any man.



Best of luck to Bronco. Best of luck to Tom Holmoe.


Jamal Williams can't transfer and still have eligibility unless he drops down a division because the one year sit out rule would eat up the one year he has left. He could play next year for someone like Weber State because the penalty isn't applied when a player transfers down a level. Hill can go wherever he wants because of the 5 year transfer allowance as long as he graduates from BYU and gets his medical redshirt. Of course, IMO, he can do better football-wise than UVa. Why not Stanford or Michigan?
S
snoscythe
He loses the two headaches of (i) Honor Code, and (ii) Independence.



Now he has a clear path to his National Championship---beat Miami to win the division, win the conference championship, and you've got a good shot at the playoff.
C
Cougs_Rule
Boo. Bummer. Can't blame Bronco. But if he thinks he will escape scrutiny for a more "friendly environment" good luck with that. But he probably dialed in a fat parachute buyout if things dont work and he's pretty much got done money.

I can't really imagine BoT or TH would boot Bronco. So in assuming this is Brincos revenge for all the crap he's taken for not near as much money at BYU.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
BlueK
1967cougar wrote:
I will always love Bronco for what he did at the Y. but for $15+ million over five years, I'd leave too. I wish him the best of luck.


agreed. Thank you Bronco for saving the program from the Crowton disaster. I can understand taking the money and moving on to try something new. Virginia is a beautiful place and it's a very good school. Good luck coach.
U
Ungoy
Now all the negative chicken littles that wanted Bronco gone will see that the grass isn't greener on the other side. We're in for rough times I think, unless the new HC is simply stellar.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
snoscythe wrote:
He loses the two headaches of (i) Honor Code, and (ii) Independence.



Now he has a clear path to his National Championship---beat Miami to win the division, win the conference championship, and you've got a good shot at the playoff.




Horrible career goal if that's accurate. Well at least he will have a more vivid fantasy land to chase the mythical NC. Fools gold.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
BlueK wrote:
Whelp. UVa just got a huge upgrade at HC, and I wouldn't be surprised if they pick up a Heisman contender (Hill) and Doak Walker candidate (JSwagg-Daddy) by the end of December as part of the package.



5 years and $16+ Million? That's hard to turn down for any man.



Best of luck to Bronco. Best of luck to Tom Holmoe.


Jamal Williams can't transfer and still have eligibility unless he drops down a division because the one year sit out rule would eat up the one year he has left.


...or unless BYU releases him.
S
Schmoe
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Boo. Bummer. Can't blame Bronco. But if he thinks he will escape scrutiny for a more "friendly environment" good luck with that. But he probably dialed in a fat parachute buyout if things dont work and he's pretty much got done money.

I can't really imagine BoT or TH would boot Bronco. So in assuming this is Brincos revenge for all the crap he's taken for not near as much money at BYU.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I don't think it's revenge at all; I think it's a man making a decision to triple his yearly income and start a new chapter in his life.
Advertisement
B
BlueK
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Boo. Bummer. Can't blame Bronco. But if he thinks he will escape scrutiny for a more "friendly environment" good luck with that. But he probably dialed in a fat parachute buyout if things dont work and he's pretty much got done money.

I can't really imagine BoT or TH would boot Bronco. So in assuming this is Brincos revenge for all the crap he's taken for not near as much money at BYU.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


It's a basketball school with low expectations for football instead of a football school with unrealistic expectations and lots of rules, hoops, and limitations.
C
Cougs_Rule
Schmoe wrote:
Boo. Bummer. Can't blame Bronco. But if he thinks he will escape scrutiny for a more "friendly environment" good luck with that. But he probably dialed in a fat parachute buyout if things dont work and he's pretty much got done money.

I can't really imagine BoT or TH would boot Bronco. So in assuming this is Brincos revenge for all the crap he's taken for not near as much money at BYU.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I don't think it's revenge at all; I think it's a man making a decision to triple his yearly income and start a new chapter in his life.




I wouldn't rule it out. He detests whiny entitled fans and just wants more money to put up with all of that. You think he wants to deal with the level of depravity that recruiting NC level athletes will require? Good luck with that.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
a1247
Tweets saying he will coach the bowl game.
C
cougman
Ungoy wrote:
Now all the negative chicken littles that wanted Bronco gone will see that the grass isn't greener on the other side. We're in for rough times I think, unless the new HC is simply stellar.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


LOL. I'm one of those negative chickens and this is a great day. I'm happy for Bronco as I've always considered him a tremendous individual. I'm happy for BYU football because unless they promote Anae (I just threw up), we'll be getting an upgrade at the Head Coaching position. Calm down, I know that the players liked playing for him and that's a big part of coaching, but in terms of X's and O's, clock management, and in game strategy we'll be getting an upgrade.



I wish Bronco the best at Virginia, and thank him for righting the ship from the disaster Crowton left behind. Now let's get on the phone with Whitt!! Ha ha.
V
vancouvercougar
I'm shocked and sick to my stomach.



Good luck Bronco. Thanks for the memories.
Page 1 of 5
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.