Archived Topic

Emery suspended for Weber state

by BroncoBot · 12/4/2015

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Anyone surprised or shocked?



Nick seems to be a very passionate guy. I like it. Personally, I'd rather him throw a punch vs flop around like a dead fish trying to sell a call.



Hope he comes back ready to rock.
B
BroncoBot
So I watched it again just now Looks like Emery either has a terrible left hook or he just meant to hit Taylor on the shoulder.



Love that Taylor ended up squirming on the ground like his nuts just got stomped and holding his head which did NOT get touched. Ha ha. fine acting job there.



And that weak-A swing shouldn't have brought any high schooler down, much less a D1 point guard.
B
BYULV
Supposedly Nick said something to Taylor after he laid him out. Does anyone know what was said; or supposedly said?



Agree that he should have benn assessed flagrant 2 and suspended an extra game. Also agree that Taylor was an embarrassment to the title of Athlete.
T
TheDean
BroncoBot wrote:
Anyone surprised or shocked?



Nick seems to be a very passionate guy. I like it. Personally, I'd rather him throw a punch vs flop around like a dead fish trying to sell a call.



Hope he comes back ready to rock.


The only thing I'm suprised at is that every sports page seems to think it is okay for the Ute player to sucker punch Emery all game long then smacking Emery in the face before Emery supposedly swung and missed him causing him to flop. You can see the Ute player clearly backhand Emery in the face as Emery tries to get around him so he can block him out on the shot and Emery's hand was way to low to hit him in the face. On the elbow maybe but certainly not in the face and missed him anyway. If I had been hit in the face like that by the Ute player the Ute player wouldn't have been rolling on the ground from a flop he would have been laid out to the point that he would have to be carried out on a strecher. If I going to commit a flagrent 2 I'm sure as heck going to make it count so that the gets the message that your going to get away with sucker punching me like the ute player did all game long.
S
snoscythe
BYULV wrote:
Supposedly Nick said something to Taylor after he laid him out. Does anyone know what was said; or supposedly said?



Agree that he should have benn assessed flagrant 2 and suspended an extra game. Also agree that Taylor was an embarrassment to the title of Athlete.


FWIW, it's been coming out of the BYU locker room that Taylor had raked Emery in the face on the previous possession and Emery was retaliating. Doesn't justify the punch, but makes it more understandable.



I believe the words were: "stay down little b***h"
Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
Rivaldo would be proud!!



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVksdN4QnvA
B
byufan4ever
Another good one!



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we62n8IzoP4
G
Guest
Larry K. reported in the press conference that he "saw" Emory tell him to "Stay down, b*tch." which is quite amazing considering how loud it was and just how far away from the action he was.



So there you have it, Larry K. is a better basketball coach but Rose is a better person, and I know which one I'd rather have at BYU (Rose).
B
BlueK
Can't stand Utah. Please let us finally beat them in Vegas.
M
McY
This whole thing is disappointing on many levels: BYU guy loses his cool; the reporting on the issue by the media in general that -- as far as I could see -- makes no mention of Taylor's exaggerated acting after being hit; the lack of reporting on any cheap shots that preceded Emery's; and the delight that some people seem to find in criticizing the Church as a whole for an event like this.



:bug:
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
I'm just waiting for the highlight video of BYU player's punching people this season--Lapuohu(?)'s nut-punch, Langi's misplaced strip punch, and now Emery. Add-in some clips of Araujo decking UNLV's point guard and Nacua and Koroma going off in Miami for good measure....BYU is all about exposure, right?
B
byufan4ever
Taylor Kicking Haws.png
V
vancouvercougar
byufan4ever wrote:
Taylor Kicking Haws.png


Thanks for some perspective. BYU is not the only school that has players that react poorly. Taylor is no saint.
C
coachK
I just want to see Taylor's shiner today. The way he dropped to the ground clutching that eye, I'd be surprised if he could even see out of it. :whistle:
A
ABYUFAN
Coach Crisco's undies look to be in a bunch in the Haws photo too.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
BYU should just stop playing Utah. No reason for it.



Brings out the worst in both teams.



Emery deserves every second of his suspension. Next time, try playing two halves of defense and beating Utah instead of lame sucker punches. How embarrassing. We lose and throw punches.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
nuk13
Gunk wrote:
BYU should just stop playing Utah. No reason for it.



Brings out the worst in both teams.



Emery deserves every second of his suspension. Next time, try playing two halves of defense and beating Utah instead of lame sucker punches. How embarrassing. We lose and throw punches.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I agree.
M
McY
nuk13 wrote:
BYU should just stop playing Utah. No reason for it.



Brings out the worst in both teams.



Emery deserves every second of his suspension. Next time, try playing two halves of defense and beating Utah instead of lame sucker punches. How embarrassing. We lose and throw punches.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I agree.


Double agree. That, or don't get caught...? :whistle: :P
S
SpiffCoug
If I'm Coach Rose, I'm telling Emery that we don't throw punches. It's completely unacceptable.



But if we do, they don't get up. ;)
Q
Qman
SpiffCoug wrote:
If I'm Coach Rose, I'm telling Emery that we don't throw punches. It's completely unacceptable.



But if we do, they don't get up. ;)




Emery just needs to spend time in spokane to learn from John Stockton on how to setup and set revenge screens.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.