Archived Topic

Utah State Review

by hawkwing · 12/1/2015

Advertisement
G
Guest
http://www.loyalstrongandtrue.com/2015/11/football/spiffs-spots-of-observation-utah-state/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



A very small taste...


Spiff’s Spots of Statistical Observation



Bronco Mendenhall improved to 10-9 (.526) against teams wearing a blue helmet. He also improved to 5-5 (.556) against teams whose primary colors were blue and grey.

BYU won the Passing Efficiency Rating (PER) battle (176.85 to 97.14). The team with the better PER is now 10-2 (.833) this year, including nine straight and is 16-2 (.889) in the last 17 games.

Mitch Mathews is now fifth all-time in touchdown receptions with 24. He is one behind Phil Odle for fourth place. He is also 12th in all-time receptions with 149. He needs three more to tie Todd Christensen for 11th.

The Cougars scored 51 points. It was the second week in a row of scoring more than 50. The last time they did so in consecutive weeks was in Bronco’s first season as head coach.

BYU had the ball for 27:02. It was the sixth straight game they failed to control the majority of possession.

Utah State ran the ball for 202 yards. That is the most yards allowed by the Cougar defense in a victory since allowing Boise State 214 yards in a 37-20 win back in 2013.

The Aggies missed all three of their field goal attempts. Opponents have now connected on just 11 of 19 attempts in 2015.

BYU has thrown 14 touchdowns inside the Blue Zone. They have thrown zero interceptions.
U
urroner
and is 16-2 (.889) in the last 17 games.


Hmmm, did Spiff learn his math at the Skuol Ov Dem :utard: ?
S
Schmoe
urroner wrote:
and is 16-2 (.889) in the last 17 games.


Hmmm, did Spiff learn his math at the Skuol Ov Dem :utard: ?


You're just behind the times; this is common core math.
S
SpiffCoug
I blame my editor.
U
urroner
SpiffCoug wrote:
I blame my editor.


Is the editor your wife? :bug:
Advertisement
G
Guest
Thanks, Obama!
G
Guest
SpiffCoug wrote:
I blame my editor.


The editor did at least correct the city! :lol:
S
scott715
What, I thought it was Ogden?
G
Guest
scott715 wrote:
What, I thought it was Ogden?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
M
Mars
scott715 wrote:
What, I thought it was Ogden?

Nope, Layton.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.