Archived Topic

BYU vs Fresno St.

by TheDean · 11/22/2015

Advertisement
T
TheDean
The offense sucked big time in the first half and at the end of the first half. To the point that Bronco walked over to Anae during time out wackyness at the end of the half and said something to Anae while shaking his head no at Anae. I got the impression theat Bronco didn't like the way the offense was playing. I don't Blame him for that as 3 straight games the offense has looked anemic and didn't start doing somthing until Bronco showed his displeasure to Anae. I would like to know the heck has happened to offense that looked really good for 4 consecutive games after the Michigan loss ??? Granted those 4 game were against weak opponets but BYU looked good against Nebraska, Boise St, and UCLA yet looked like they were lost against a Mizzou team that Nebraska, Boise St., UCLA, UConn, ECU, and Cincy would all clobber.



I thought the sideline interference was a bogus call as the play occured on the Fresno St. side of the field.



BYU had better play better next week against Utah St. than they did today in the first half or BYU will get blown out.
J
Jarhead
You wouldn't even reply to the thread I already started (instead electing to start another tirade), and you can't even bring yourself to say one positive thing about a game which we won 52-10. I welcome differing opinions, but c'mon man! Seriously!?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
W
Wolverine
Jarhead wrote:
You wouldn't even reply to the thread I already started (instead electing to start another tirade), and you can't even bring yourself to say one positive thing about a game which we won 52-10. I welcome differing opinions, but c'mon man! Seriously!?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Careful now Jarhead. He'll out you as a troll.
F
frdbtr
What I saw with the Bronco "headshake" is Bronco was telling Anae to just run out the clock with only 2 seconds left in the half. There was nothing in that telling Anae that he was dissatisfied with the offense. If you knew Bronco at all, you would know that he never calls out his assistant coaches or players in public, he will always do that in private.
G
Guest
1st quarter was slow start due to Mangum's inaccuracies. 2nd quarter was fine and we were already up by what we were predicted to win the game by.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
TheDean wrote:
The offense sucked big time in the first half and at the end of the first half. To the point that Bronco walked over to Anae during time out wackyness at the end of the half and said something to Anae while shaking his head no at Anae. I got the impression theat Bronco didn't like the way the offense was playing. I don't Blame him for that as 3 straight games the offense has looked anemic and didn't start doing somthing until Bronco showed his displeasure to Anae. I would like to know the heck has happened to offense that looked really good for 4 consecutive games after the Michigan loss ??? Granted those 4 game were against weak opponets but BYU looked good against Nebraska, Boise St, and UCLA yet looked like they were lost against a Mizzou team that Nebraska, Boise St., UCLA, UConn, ECU, and Cincy would all clobber.



I thought the sideline interference was a bogus call as the play occured on the Fresno St. side of the field.



BYU had better play better next week against Utah St. than they did today in the first half or BYU will get blown out.


The beauty of it all is, UCLA gave Utah a beat down @ home. 8)
R
redneckjedi
I think Utah State is going to need a lot more than a slow 1st quarter from our offense to blow us out. We've beaten better teams than them after having first half problems. It'll be close, but honestly with our offense and track record this year, if it's a close game in the 4th quarter, I like our chances.



Utah State probably looks better than they are if you look at the scores of their games. The Boise game looks the way it does because Boise played like BYU did against Utah in 2011. Everything went wrong, and it went wrong fast. They blew out Wyoming, but Wyoming is terrible this year. They blew out Fresno, but lots of people have blown out Fresno, and margin of victory in blowouts is more about your coach's thirst for blood than relative skill level of teams. They got destroyed by SDSU, lost close games to Air Force and New Mexico, and won a close one over Nevada last week. They're probably pretty close to SJSU in terms of overall quality. They're not going to blow us out. If our run game goes like SJSU, it'll be a dogfight to the end. If we actually did get the run game figured out against Fresno and pick up where we left off against USU, we'll win by two scores or more.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.