Archived Topic

Senior Night ... Taysom Hill?

by hawkwing · 11/16/2015

Advertisement
G
Guest
Anyone know if Taysom Hill will be honored at Senior Night?



If so, there's no excuse for a BYU fan to not make it out to the game.
S
snoscythe
Coyote hunting. It's gotten to that point--I'm choosing to hunt something that's in season all year long instead of attending the last game of the season or watching live. Michigan was a one-off, SJSU was alarming, and after the Mizzou no-show by everyone not wearing 90, I'm done putting extra effort into the football cougs this year unless we get a compelling bowl matchup. Otherwise, the DVR has got this.
F
Fido
I haven't seen the list yet--but I would think he would be on the list--even if he ends up requesting a medical redshirt later. Now I'm interested in watching the list.



Here are the seniors:

Devon Blackmon

Nate Carter

Kurt Henderson

Taysom Hill

Adam Hine

Terenn Houk

Bronson Kaufusi

Teu Kautai

Jherremya Leuta-Douyere

Mitch Mathews

Ryker Mathews

Remington Peck

Manoa Pikula

Graham Rowley

Trevor Samson

Logan Taele

Michael Wadsworth



Note: Removed Elliot Knox from the list as he is now listed as a Junior on the team roster.
D
Ddawg
snoscythe wrote:
Coyote hunting. It's gotten to that point--I'm choosing to hunt something that's in season all year long instead of attending the last game of the season or watching live. Michigan was a one-off, SJSU was alarming, and after the Mizzou no-show by everyone not wearing 90, I'm done putting extra effort into the football cougs this year unless we get a compelling bowl matchup. Otherwise, the DVR has got this.


Sno - do you call them in the "old school" way - or with the new electronic calls? Also, do you collect the bounty and sell the pelts? I know some guys make some nice pocket change doing both about 3-4 months out of the year.



Keep your powder dry! 8)
S
snoscythe
Ddawg wrote:
Coyote hunting. It's gotten to that point--I'm choosing to hunt something that's in season all year long instead of attending the last game of the season or watching live. Michigan was a one-off, SJSU was alarming, and after the Mizzou no-show by everyone not wearing 90, I'm done putting extra effort into the football cougs this year unless we get a compelling bowl matchup. Otherwise, the DVR has got this.


Sno - do you call them in the "old school" way - or with the new electronic calls? Also, do you collect the bounty and sell the pelts? I know some guys make some nice pocket change doing both about 3-4 months out of the year.



Keep your powder dry! 8)


Ghillie suit and electronic calls. We do the bounty/pelts. Last year the russians were going nutty for mid-winter coyote pelts. This weekend is probably too early to get much for a pelt, but $50 a head is still decent. Still take the pelts for the kids to mess around with and practice preserving.



Like the Marlboro man says:



http://www.trademarkia.com/logo-images/shedhead/smoke-a-pack-a-day-back-of-shirt-and-window-decal-78705815.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
F
Fido
So I checked out the game sheet (http://byucougars.com/files/byu_vs._fresno_.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) for the game this weekend and they say:
SENIOR DAY

BYU is expected to honor 17 players playing in their final home game of their careers. The team will honor them at the football banquet later this year in addition to recognizing them before the game.

If you look at the list above--that includes Taysom Hill. Sounds like they will honor him and then see what happens after the season.



Another interesting tidbit from the game sheet:
PLAYING FRESHMEN. BYU has played 29 freshmen this season (16 true, 13 redshirts), the third-most in the country. Only Rice (31) and TCU (30) have played more freshmen than the Cougars.
D
Ddawg
snoscythe wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Coyote hunting. It's gotten to that point--I'm choosing to hunt something that's in season all year long instead of attending the last game of the season or watching live. Michigan was a one-off, SJSU was alarming, and after the Mizzou no-show by everyone not wearing 90, I'm done putting extra effort into the football cougs this year unless we get a compelling bowl matchup. Otherwise, the DVR has got this.


Sno - do you call them in the "old school" way - or with the new electronic calls? Also, do you collect the bounty and sell the pelts? I know some guys make some nice pocket change doing both about 3-4 months out of the year.



Keep your powder dry! 8)


Ghillie suit and electronic calls. We do the bounty/pelts. Last year the russians were going nutty for mid-winter coyote pelts. This weekend is probably too early to get much for a pelt, but $50 a head is still decent. Still take the pelts for the kids to mess around with and practice preserving.



Like the Marlboro man says:



http://www.trademarkia.com/logo-images/shedhead/smoke-a-pack-a-day-back-of-shirt-and-window-decal-78705815.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


A ghillie suit? Dayumn Sno - that's hardcore. Suhweeeeet!! Mongo like.



Remember -

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot shoot.

The courage to shoot the things I can.

And the wisdom to hide the bodies."

8)



Success!!!
J
jvquarterback
If I could get to the game I'd be there for sure.



The rest of you should be working to get the coyote bounty repealed. Besides being a waste of taxpayer funds, it would get sno to the game. Maybe.



Also, sno, why don't you start a coyote breeding program? I'd think you could breed and harvest for <$50 per pelt. You could show the moron politicians in SLC and the bureaucrats at fish and game what the free market does when presented by stupid incentives.
B
BroncoBot
jvquarterback wrote:

Also, sno, why don't you start a coyote breeding program? I'd think you could breed and harvest for <$50 per pelt. You could show the moron politicians in SLC and the bureaucrats at fish and game what the free market does when presented by stupid incentives.

its probably illegal...
S
SpiffCoug
Bronco did say every senior will be honored, even if they have the potential to play again next year. In which case, they would then receive a second senior blanket.
Advertisement
J
jvquarterback
BroncoBot wrote:

Also, sno, why don't you start a coyote breeding program? I'd think you could breed and harvest for <$50 per pelt. You could show the moron politicians in SLC and the bureaucrats at fish and game what the free market does when presented by stupid incentives.

its probably illegal...


Do it on the Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, or Idaho border. The morons who decided this was a good idea need to be taught a lesson in economics (they need one in ecology as well but whatever).
F
Fido
667061374262972416

667061605058785280

667061906620846080

So that makes the list of 18 being honored:

19 Devon Blackmon WR RS Sr

26 Nate Carter RB RS Sr

13 Kurt Henderson WR RS Sr

4 Taysom Hill QB True Sr **Unknown if returning for 2016

28 Adam Hine RB RS Sr

11 Terenn Houk WR RS Sr

90 Bronson Kaufusi DL True Sr

25 Teu Kautai LB RS Sr

97 Theodore King TE RS Jr

43 Jherremya Leuta-Douyere LB True Sr

10 Mitch Mathews WR RS Sr

72 Ryker Mathews OL RS Sr

34 AJ Moore DB RS Jr

44 Remington Peck TE/DL RS Sr

22 Manoa Pikula LB RS Sr

92 Graham Rowley DL True Sr

27 Trevor Samson K RS Sr

30 Michael Wadsworth DB RS Sr



All are scholarship players with the exception of Wadsworth.
F
Fido
Another note on King and Moore--they both have been with the program for 4 years but are buried on the depth chart. So they probably were not in a position to have their scholarship extended another year--even though they have the eligibility for it.

Theodore King - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

AJ Moore - 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.