Archived Topic

david Collette

by BroncoBot · 11/12/2015

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Any chance this guy is coming to BYU? Has to sit a year, but he would be a nice get to work with Mika next year.
W
Wolverine
BroncoBot wrote:
Any chance this guy is coming to BYU? Has to sit a year, but he would be a nice get to work with Mika next year.

Not sure there is any room at the inn. Word on the street is that Utes are doing some poaching.
G
Guest
I'm not a fan of the way he quit a few days before the season started. I don't know that I would want a kid like that at BYU. I can understand leaving, that's fine, but don't do it when it will cause the most harm to your old team.
S
scott715
Who is he?



Utah State post Collette leaving the program: Utah State sophomore forward David quit the team.
C
Cougs_Rule
All about coaching relationships. Sometimes coaches bring their own kids/recruits. Sometimes personality conflicts. Hard to replace a legend. I'm not so severe on Collette till we hear the story.
Advertisement
F
Fido
I don't see room for Collette unless he is going to compete as a walk-on with the other guys.



After the current season (2015-16), BYU graduates:

Kyle Collinsworth

Nate Austin (walk-on this year)

Chase Fischer



And from what I've read Zac Seljaas has mission plans after his freshman year.



Then for 2016-17 BYU has scholarships allocated these RMs:

Payton Dastrup

TJ Haws

Eric Mika



Graham Pingree will be a RM walk-on for 2016-17.



Finally Yoeli Childs just signed and he is not LDS so will be on the roster next year. This means they are going to free up a scholarship for someone next year already or have him redshirt.



If they added Collette someone on the team now would have to go.
C
Cougs_Rule
hawkwing wrote:
I'm not a fan of the way he quit a few days before the season started. I don't know that I would want a kid like that at BYU. I can understand leaving, that's fine, but don't do it when it will cause the most harm to your old team.


Oap.......quitter! We have another quitter here!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.