Archived Topic

How much did we miss Tejan?

by vancouvercougar · 11/7/2015

Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
I had to listen to Greg Wrubel-- no TV for me. Did we miss Korona that much?? I was sick to my stomach when I heard he was out for the game.
N
nuk13
I have been wondering the same. He is one of the best centers in the nation. He was missed in both the pass game and the run game. I believe he'd have been worth at least 10 more points. I believe this even without the other missing linemen.
G
Guest
I think we missed Tejan about 21 points worth. If he's in there, the blocking schemes are called correctly and the blocking execution is performed better. I bet instead of having 3 sacks Mangum would have only ended up with 1 or less and we score 3 more TDs. The center is the captain of the OLine and it showed that we missed him tremendously.
M
mtnradio
Strongest guy on the team. Makes the calls for the O-line. PROBABLY has a better sense of timing (think of the delay penalty). The O-line was the true weak spot for the team. Put him in, the sacks go down, penalties may go down. It elevates the whole unit. 14 - 21 points is very realistic
A
a1247
Yes losing Tejan was big, but being down 4 players across the whole line was the real issue. That's 4 less player that you have to rotate in and out of the game. Player, especially big players like line men get tired. It doesn't matter if your missing 4 starters or 4 back up that just means the player that are healthy are going to have to play more and ultimately are going to get tired and have no one to give them a breather.

That being said I think he's worth 2 scores.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.