Archived Topic

Zooming and Shrinking Tezt

by urroner · 10/23/2015

Advertisement
U
urroner
I use a laptop at home and am fairly 'puter smart, but this has me baffled. Of course, I haven't done any research on this problem. I just feel to lazy right now.



I typing stuff in the browser and BOOM, the browser zooms in or zooms out. Sometimes menus appear out of nowhere. I know it's my big paws touching something, but I haven't been able to figure out what exactly I'm doing.



I know it has something to do with the touchpad.



Also, how do I turn it off.



Can anybody help me.
G
Guest
Have you tried Ctrl + or Ctrl - or Ctrl 0
U
urroner
billbillbillbill wrote:
I know my wife's laptop has a zoom in feature on the right with the trackpad. It annoyed the heck out of me so i did this:



http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-disable-the-pinch-zoom-gesture-on-windows-laptops/



This should disable it, unless you like zooming in and out.


Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!



I finally figured out what was causing it with your help. With my huge, manly hands, they keep touching the pad and when they do it at the same time and they slide either towards or away from each other, my laptop thinks I want zooming in or out. I guess I have to type like I'm playing the piano, with my wrists slightly elevated.
U
urroner
hawkwing wrote:
Have you tried Ctrl + or Ctrl - or Ctrl 0


Hawkwing, If you were Schmoe, I'd give you a terrible time about telling me to do what I DON'T WANT TO DO, but since you aren't I won't mention THAT YOU JUST TOLD ME WANT I DON'T WANT TO DO. I am such a nice person, see.



Also, I know you want to name your first male child after me, but like I told you, if you did, you're child would be extremely miserable since he could never abide my standards and copious eminent and prestigious accomplishments.
Advertisement
G
Guest
YOU'RE WELCOME
M
Mars


This has never happened to me before today, on this website. Odd.
U
urroner
Mars wrote:


This has never happened to me before today, on this website. Odd.


Wow!!! I had a dream last night and some dude who called himself Mahonri Moriancumer said I had this problem and was led to find a solution on this site so one more righteous than me wouldn't have to suffer the trials and tribulations I have gone through.



Mars, between you and me, I would have never thought you were more righteous than me. Talk about an eye opener. :bug: :bug: :bug:
M
Mars
urroner wrote:
Mars, between you and me, I would have never thought you were more righteous than me.

Trust your instincts. :D
B
BroncoBot
ctrl and scrolling with mouse or touchpad also will shrink/zoom.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.