Archived Topic

BSU vs USU - BYU implications

by BroncoBot · 10/17/2015

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
So is BSU a high scoring pretender?

Is USU a serious threat or did they just have a night where everything came together perfectly, much like it did for them last year vs BYU?



Either way, this years schedule is the best that I can remember. Great teams and BYU showing well in (almost) all of them. I believe Cinci has potential to make some noise the rest of this season, their offense looked great when they weren't getting sacked.



Also, I've waited 10+ years for BSU to crack and start falling back to earth. Are we starting to see some of that this year? Every coaching change they've had I've thought they would become mortal again, but they keep on chuggin. Winning the games they need to and losing to some great teams. Never thought they would have this sort of longevity...
K
KingCoug
I imagine we'll face a similarly motivated Utah State team at the end if the year. But I believe we can take them as long as everyone is healthy. A 3rd loss to the Aggies under Bronco's tenure would be inexcusable.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
tmoney35
BroncoBot wrote:
Is USU a serious threat or did they just have a night where everything came together perfectly


I didn't see the game, but had the same question after seeing the score. Would anyone that saw the game like to comment? 45 points in the first half is just ridiculous
S
Screamineagle
tmoney35 wrote:
Is USU a serious threat or did they just have a night where everything came together perfectly


I didn't see the game, but had the same question after seeing the score. Would anyone that saw the game like to comment? 45 points in the first half is just ridiculous

I do not remember the exact stat but Boise had something like 7 turnovers in the first two quarters including a pick 6 as time ran out in the first half. The wheels never even made it on the bus in this one.
S
Schmoe
Yep, like our game vs them last year, BSU thought they had it in the bag before they stepped on the field, didn't focus, didn't prep, lost big.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.