Archived Topic

Pluses

by BoiseBYU · 10/17/2015

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
I'm late to the party and some have commented elsewhere. Not wanting to be too redundant but I think some shout outs go to:



The OLINE! They opened some very nice holes for the RBs and as a result our rushing average was 6.8 yards per carry. But more than that they gave Tanner time time time in the pocket to find the open receiver. I can't remember the last time we saw that sort of time. And it was particularly needed this game because of Tanner's limited mobility. OLINE gets my MVP choice.



RBs. Riley Burt gives a burst we've not seen for a while. I don't think Cinci wasready for his speed to the corner. Maybe it was just the OLINE sealing the corners. And Francis and Algie were solid too. They saw the holes and hit them.



The draw play is back baby! This dates me but I remember when that play worked a long time ago and in a far away Galaxy.



The D. Sans the first quarter they were dominant. And nine* sacks?!? All time record is ten methinks. Bronson was dominant as was the rest of the front seven

*eight thanks to Broncobot



Linehan. Continues to amaze me. Averaged over 47 yards a punt.



The IT factor. Tanner has it. The team (and I) believe in him. He missed a few passes and didn't miss a beat. He makes others play better.



Comeback kids! With this offense and a defense that can rise to the occasion, we will never be out of a game this season, which leads me to the final point:



I think Schmoe said it very recently and I know I've said it in the last week, but this is one fun team to follow and cheer for. Go Cougs!



PS and BSU got embarrassed! 8 turnovers! Bottom Five is drooling!
B
BroncoBot
BoiseBYU wrote:
I'm late to the party and some have commented elsewhere. Not wanting to be too redundant but I think some shout outs go to:



The OLINE! They opened some very nice holes for the RBs and as a result our rushing average was 6.8 yards per carry. But more than that they gave Tanner time time time in the pocket to find the open receiver. I can't remember the last time we saw that sort of time. And it was particularly needed this game because of Tanner's limited mobility. OLINE gets my MVP choice.



RBs. Riley Burt gives a burst we've not seen for a while. I don't think Cinci wasready for his speed to the corner. Maybe it was just the OLINE sealing the corners. And Francis and Algie were solid too. They saw the holes and hit them.



The draw play is back baby! This dates me but I remember when that play worked a long time ago and in a far away Galaxy.



The D. Sans the first quarter they were dominant. And nine sacks?!? All time recor is ten methinks. Bronson was dominant as was the DLine.



Linehan. Continues to amaze me. Averaged over 47 yards a punt.



The IT factor. Tanner has it. The team (and I) believe in him. He missed a few passes and didn't miss a beat. He makes others play better.



Comeback kids! With this offense and a defense that can rise to the occasion, we will never be out of a game this season, which leads me to the final point:





A few minuses - BYU needs to quit flappin their jaws and just get into the endzone a few more times. I love the attitude but would like to see less smack. I thought the call against Kurtz was weak sauce, but that's what happens when you're talking all the time, we've been on the receiving end of that call as well..



BYU better be careful about throwing the ball into the air on TDs, don't they remember that "controversial" call against jake locker? Not that it would matter much as Samson could probably handle a 32 yarder.



LEss penalties would be nice

I think Schmoe said it very recently and I know I've said it in the last week, but this is one fun team to follow and cheer for. Go Cougs!



PS and BSU got embarrassed! 8 turnovers! Bottom Five is drooling!

Agree with all, one minor correction - 8 sacks officially.



Linehan has been rock solid. Can't believe how well he has performed in game time situations. As of last night his 77 yard punt at nebraska was still the longest in the country. had a nice 58 yarder last night!



O-line was awesome considering that R. Matthews went down and Ului didn't play. Solid work.
U
urroner
BoiseBYU wrote:
PS and BSU got embarrassed! 8 turnovers! Bottom Five is drooling!


I truly hope you don't include BSU in the Bottom Five. Dude, they don't deserve to even be rated that high.
B
BroncoBot
Two more things, because I don't want to start a new thread:



Bernard's ridiculous cut on that last 11 yard TD scamper. W-O-W!!!! Great vision and elite change of direction.



I suppose it could be a plus that Cinci quit throwing to Hanneman's side of the field? He was getting abused there for a while.
S
Schmoe
I don't think Bernard is getting enough credit. The dude averaged 15 yards a carry (and it would have been longer if the endzone hadn't been so close on his touchdown). I love Algie Brown, but Bernard should be getting some more touches, he's got that quick lateral movement to make guys miss.
Advertisement
M
mtnradio
Algie is playing with 2 broken ribs ... or so I am told. All the more reason to keep leaning on Bernard.



Looking forward to Hine coming back, Brown healing, Bernard still healthy ... Wow! The running game is looking good.
A
a1247
BroncoBot wrote:



Bernard's ridiculous cut on that last 11 yard TD scamper. W-O-W!!!! Great vision and elite change of direction.

.


AMEN! That was a rediculouse move.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
How can he be playing with 2 broken ribs? They would hurt like heck and puncture his lung.
B
BroncoBot
scott715 wrote:
How can he be playing with 2 broken ribs? They would hurt like heck and puncture his lung.

Nah, if they aren't displaced they'll be stable enough to play. But it would be painful. If true he's a tough dude.
M
mtnradio
non-displaced broken ribs hurt ... but are not dangerous. Wrapping helps them hurt less, but they are painful. Flack jackets reduce pain from being hit ... but they hurt. I was really surprised when I was told about it. Given that it is a player who told me, and a player I trust ... I believe it. And my admiration for Algie increased ... one tough dude.
Advertisement
U
urroner
For those who don't watch BYU Sports Nation, they have picked a nickname for Algernon Brown, Whiskers.



Algernon is a given male name which derives from the Norman-French soubriquet Aux Gernons, meaning "with moustaches".



:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
S
SpiffCoug
I always think of the book "Flowers for Algernon" about a man with autism takes a drug that makes him smarter. He was part of an experimental drug program. Algernon was the name of a mouse, IIRC, that had been given the drug and then became supers smart - for a mouse.



I think the man's name was Charly.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.