I was typing about this too and you beat me to it! Yep, hard to believe that the season is half over!
Here is how I would rate them (not too different from Harper):
QB: A- I know the schedule is softening up, but we could see some amazing numbers from Mangum the second half of the season.
RB: C+ Before last week's game I was just thinking that it had been a while since we had a long rushing TD. Still, Brown's had a few important drops and fumbles.
WR: B+ BYU SN had a debate before the season began on whether or not Matthews is an "elite" college WR. He's good, but not great. At times they seem to struggle to get open.
TE: Incomplete. Yeah, I miss having Pitta and George type players...
OL: C I agree with Harper that a lot of the sacks are Mangum's fault for holding on to the ball too long, but they haven't been helping the run game much either.
DL: B If Tuiloma didn't get injured they get a higher rating
LB: B+ They come up with big plays but they also have a habit of forgetting how to tackle
CB: B They've done much better than I would have expected. And Yes, I did notice them playing press coverage last week!
S: A The rock of the defense and even the entire team!
ST: C+ Returns have been abysmal, coverage hasn't been great, and kicking has been consistent but unspectacular
Coaching: B+ 2-2 through the nation's hardest schedule. Kudos. I love the UCLA onside kick in the first quarter and going for it on 4th against ECU in the 4th quarter. Gutsy calls. Of course if they hadn't worked I'd be saying how horrible he is... :whistle: I liked the short passes last week to Blackmon allowing him to use his agility to make defenders miss. Agility is his strength, not top speed.