Archived Topic

how good has this years receiving corps been?

by BroncoBot · 10/12/2015

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
5/5 stars from me. Rarely dropping anything. Making tough game winning catches, fast, tall, difficult to defend. You take away the Michigan game, and the receivers as a whole may be some of the best BYU has ever had.
S
SpiffCoug
I'll take away the Michigan game.

This year's WRs have caught .647 of their targets for 9 TDs and 7 INTs for a RER of 144.25.



Last year, they caught .588 of their targets for 2,632 yards with 23 TDs and 7 INTs and RER of 145.12.
S
Schmoe
Hawkwing and I were actually discussing this on our way down to the game. There have definitely been some individual receivers in BYU's history that have been better, but the overall receiver group may be the best we've ever had. Between Matthews, Blackmon, Houk, Juergens, and Kurtz, there are just too many weapons for a defense to account for. Three of those guys are already at 300+ (and Houk is just 29 yards away). Can you imagine having five 500+ yard guys by season's end? Awesome.
E
EM_Puma
I believe as a collective group, they are the best we've had in quantity for a few decades, but I watched the TCU game a bit Saturday. It seemed as though their receivers appeared to to be at a higher level as they caught almost EVERYTHING that was thrown at them--even the bad stuff. I'm happy, but I've seen that it can be better.
R
runbyu1
A-



My only complaint is our receivers haven't been running BACK at the ball and fighting for it. There has been too much WAITING for the ball to get to them. This has resulted in pass breakups, missed catches, and even interceptions. Overall a great group of receivers though!
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
Coach Holliday has done a great job with our receivers. They've improved their technique over the course of the season.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.