Archived Topic

Spiff's Spots: ECU Preview

by hawkwing · 10/9/2015

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I'm adding to my bold predictions for today's game:



BYU will have TWO touchdowns of 50 yards or more in length.
D
Ddawg
My prediction is that ECU is going to be better than what I gave them credit for at the beginning of the season. I still think BYU will win by 2+ TD's. But, ECU will make us work for it, and give a respectable showing. I do not expect a blowout.
S
Schmoe
Here's Schmoe's simple keys to the game:



Offense -- Finish drives. Our offense did a great job of moving the ball last week, but did an awful job of scoring points in comparison. If we can get touchdowns when we're deep into ECU territory, we'll be in great shape.



Defense -- Wrap up. If our defense can bring ECU ball carriers down on first contact, we'll win this one going away.
B
byucougar1
D Should also focus on being assignment sound and gap responsible. UCon's wheel route for TD was due to Sae Tautu losing sight of ball carrier and biting on movement-flow to the inside of field.



WRs should also expect press coverage and physical play from ECU DBs as UCON gave up some cushion off LOS by playing zone coverage and TM had a field day in passing yards.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.