Archived Topic

I think Michigan has a good defense.

by TulaneVandyRiceCoug · 10/4/2015

Advertisement
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
http://espn.go.com/college-football/recap?gameId=400763530



Their game against Maryland was scary similar. At least we had a couple more total yards.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
And we didn't have any turnovers.
F
frdbtr
I think Michigan has a pretty good football team now. If they played the utes again, they would crush them. I watched Ohio state today and I think I would take Michigan right now in that matchup.
B
BroncoBot
Utes luck out again based on schedule timing...



Michigan on a roll. BYU, I'm afraid, ran into a highly motivated team that has all components coming together the last 2 weeks.



let's not talk about UCLA though. Or Nebraska.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
The Boise State win should look good later. They were up 49-0 on Hawaii at the HALF.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
Y
Yzzazz
As one who helped promote the "Michigan may have cheated" theme, I'll need to be honest and say... I agree. Excellent defense and overall execution on display. Strong evidence the win over BYU was not an outlier performance.



In a way this is very comforting. I'd rather not believe that BYU got cheated on, or that ANY college program isn't cheating by paying off refs or stealing playbooks. If that were happening, BYU would have no chance in the future.



The idea that Michigan did so well against BYU because, turns out, Michigan is GOOD, is good news overall. Hopefully the BYU receiving coach learns a lot from this and comes back stronger. Now about our run defense....
T
tmoney35
I'm beginning to see a pattern here...



Michigan is currently steamrolling #13 Northwestern 28-0 before halftime.
S
Screamineagle
Michigan has given up 14 points in the last 5 games. Yea I think we can say they are good.As much as I hated the loss to them all of a sudden even that loss does not look quite as bad as it did.
H
HoosierCougar
How good is that D? Ridiculous! Definitely want to see them vs tOSU.
R
redneckjedi
Man, Harbaugh must be stealing an awful lot of playbooks... ;)
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
They beat the Utes this year if their QB hits on 1 of his 3 clear overthrows. Sure, Michigan's defense has been outstanding, but their QB play has improved so much since game 1.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
Jarhead
Saw a stat on ESPN. This is only the 5th time in college football history that a team has beaten 2 ranked teams by a score of 28-0 or higher. 3 of those previous teams went on to win the national championship, and the other previous team won the sugar bowl. We'll see where this 5th team ends up, but at this point Michigan is looking like they could make a run to the top.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BoiseBYU
If I were Ohio State, I'd be very very nervous.
N
nuk13
stuckinbig10country wrote:
They beat the Utes this year if their QB hits on 1 of his 3 clear overthrows. Sure, Michigan's defense has been outstanding, but their QB play has improved so much since game 1.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


The Utes are lucky they got them early. Michigan Got it together in their game against the Y. They are now probably the best defense in the nation. Watch Ohio State for dark stains in front their pants when they play them. I never thought I'd like Michigan after 84 but I hear Harbaugh is a good man.
S
SpiffCoug
BoiseBYU wrote:
If I were Ohio State, I'd be very very nervous.

If I'm Ohio St, I've got plenty of things to worry about between now and a game against Michigan.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Our stupid luck! If we'd been the second, third, eighth, etc. team to get shutout by Mich, we'd still be ranked, but because we were the first, people assumed that we were just really bad. Dumb.
J
Jarhead
Schmoe wrote:
Our stupid luck! If we'd been the second, third, eighth, etc. team to get shutout by Mich, we'd still be ranked, but because we were the first, people assumed that we were just really bad. Dumb.

True that. Northwestern only dropped 7 spots in the AP poll after getting crushed just like we did.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
Schmoe wrote:
Our stupid luck! If we'd been the second, third, eighth, etc. team to get shutout by Mich, we'd still be ranked, but because we were the first, people assumed that we were just really bad. Dumb.

I get what your saying. But, a win against UCLA would have helped.... :sulk:
V
vancouvercougar
I would love to see a :utard: rematch with the wolverines.
H
HoosierCougar
vancouvercougar wrote:
I would love to see a :utard: rematch with the wolverines.


Rose Bowl?
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.