Archived Topic

Meanwhile...

by KingCoug · 9/27/2015

Advertisement
K
KingCoug
Utah is up 27-13 over Oregon at the half and heading for 4-0 and Top 10-15.



Anyone who thinks Utah's success doesn't hurt us is clueless.



Holmoe? You reading this?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
stuckinbig10country
Name a coach that you want or just shut up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
KingCoug
stuckinbig10country wrote:
Name a coach that you want or just shut up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I realize that's the easy cop-out for some of you guys but it's Holmoe's job to either light a fire under Bronco's butt or find someone who can do a better job. That many (including maybe Bronco himself) think he's our only option is part of the problem. I don't think Bronco has been "hungry" since 2006/2007.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
KingCoug wrote:
Utah is up 27-13 over Oregon at the half and heading for 4-0 and Top 10-15.



Anyone who thinks Utah's success doesn't hurt us is clueless.



Holmoe? You reading this?


I could not care less about Utah's success. I'm thoroughly satisfied with our 31 to 0 drubbing. It's good to be humble.
B
BroncoBot
don't really give a flyin poop.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Mich31-0 wrote:
41-13 Utes with 12:13 still in the 3rd. Lol!


Gotta love 1st time poster ute fan's screen name. Identifying with BYU's failures rather than utah's successes. Typical ute.
K
KingCoug
BroncoBot wrote:
don't really give a flyin poop.


You should.



I'm not talking about being obsessed with them to the point that some Ute fans continue to be with us. You know, the ones that get more pleasure out of seeing BYU lose than their team win.



But far beyond just bragging rights (remember those?), we directly compete against Utah recruits. Their success is never good for us and often hurts us.



So you should give a flyin poop.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
KingCoug wrote:
don't really give a flyin poop.


You should.



I'm not talking about being obsessed with them to the point that some Ute fans continue to be with us. You know, the ones that get more pleasure out of seeing BYU lose than their team win.



But far beyond just bragging rights (remember those?), we directly compete against Utah recruits. Their success is never good for us and often hurts us.



So you should give a flyin poop.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Well, I don't.
G
Gunk
Utah winning hurts in-state recruiting. Utah is getting better while BYU is floundering. That's what it is. All Whittingham has to do is point to the score board.



Laying an egg on national television like we did hurts recruiting as much as winning on national television helps it. Today, two "experts" basically pointed out time and time again how undisciplined we looked and how our coaches weren't able to get anything going. If I am a LDS recruit, particularly one in the state of Utah, and want to play winning football under successful coaches, the Utes are currently making a better case.



I hope this pisses Bronco off. I hope it pisses Holmoe off more because he's putting in a lot of work to schedule big games and make a case that BYU is a P5 school and we're shooting ourselves in the foot.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
tmoney35
Mich31-0 wrote:
41-13 Utes with 12:13 still in the 3rd. Lol!


Look, I understand the rivalry rules, and would expect some ribbing from the opposing side. We got embarrassed today and deserve whatever you can dish out.



Right now though, your team is in the midst of the biggest win it's had in....well, I don't know how long because I don't really pay attention to Utah football, and you come with that screen name? Utah should be ashamed to have you as a fan. Cheer for your own team first, bash on your rivals second.
Advertisement
T
tmoney35
While we're on the subject though...what in the hell is going on up in Eugene?
G
Gunk
tmoney35 wrote:
While we're on the subject though...what in the hell is going on up in Eugene?

They lost their coach...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
KingCoug
I take some solace in there isn't a fan base more bandwagon and fairweather than Utah. How many "fans" were there before the Urban Meyer years? And look at them now. It's like they're more PAC 12 fans than Ute fans. Or at least more proud of being in the PAC 12. And after it all, many of them are still utterly obsessed with BYU and truly do find a BYU loss more enjoyable than a Ute win.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Utah's success is a problem for BYU. I can only hope they come out and lay the typical Utah egg after a big win.
S
stuckinbig10country
KingCoug wrote:
Name a coach that you want or just shut up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">






I realize that's the easy cop-out for some of you guys but it's Holmoe's job to either light a fire under Bronco's butt or find someone who can do a better job. That many (including maybe Bronco himself) think he's our only option is part of the problem. I don't think Bronco has been "hungry" since 2006/2007.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

And yet, you still haven't named a replacement.



Also, BYU currently has more top 20 in state recruits for next year than Utah. Utah has the same amount as Stanford. We just got 3 huge commits 2 weeks ago, but keep beating the drum.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.