Y
YzzazzCC fans have been rightfully cautious in their optimism this year. I think we were vindicated last week when it was pretty clear that BYU was every bit a match for UCLA despite predictions by pundits and point spreads. I was content with the loss until frdbtr played the whatif game and I realized with horror that I'm watching yet another episode of "What could have been for BYU."
But meanwhile I have felt more nervous about the Michigan game than any other. Four weeks in, big crowd at an away game, Michigan is better now than they were when Utah played them, and UCLA exposed a winning game plan: just keep running and play prevent D. In the end, it will beat an underexperienced Tanner Mangum.
I assume Bronco and Anae will shore up the players and not leave those vulnerabilities so easily exploited this week, but there may be a limit to what they can do. I hate to be the one to predict it, and I'd love to be wrong twice in two weeks, but I am predicting that BYU loses to Michigan.
Their running game will not likely be shut down, and the passing game will probably do better than one being run by a true freshman QB. Beyond that its just details.
There will be improvement by Tanner and the offense, but it is too easy to imagine that it will simply not be enough.
UM 31
BYU 27
Tell me why I'm wrong here.
But meanwhile I have felt more nervous about the Michigan game than any other. Four weeks in, big crowd at an away game, Michigan is better now than they were when Utah played them, and UCLA exposed a winning game plan: just keep running and play prevent D. In the end, it will beat an underexperienced Tanner Mangum.
I assume Bronco and Anae will shore up the players and not leave those vulnerabilities so easily exploited this week, but there may be a limit to what they can do. I hate to be the one to predict it, and I'd love to be wrong twice in two weeks, but I am predicting that BYU loses to Michigan.
Their running game will not likely be shut down, and the passing game will probably do better than one being run by a true freshman QB. Beyond that its just details.
There will be improvement by Tanner and the offense, but it is too easy to imagine that it will simply not be enough.
UM 31
BYU 27
Tell me why I'm wrong here.

