KingCoug wrote:
I see your point but wins more or less speak for themselves. When we win, I credit the coaches before the players.
But then you said this in the "Winning despite Anae's coaching" thread.
KingCoug wrote:
Hard to talk up Anae now :sick:
So I'm guess the sick face is actually a compliment and saying it's hard to talk Anae up is actually giving him credit?
To be fair, you did also say this.
KingCoug wrote:
It's easy to defend Anae as long as we are winning. But even the biggest Anae defender has to admit he does a lot of play calling that is just baffling.
Which I guess you are counting as a defense of Anae? And also giving him credit here?
But I'm not sure how categorize this. Constructive criticism
KingCoug wrote:
One thing that comes to mind is his decisions to run the ball or pass the ball and when. For example, with Unga we were running the ball down Utah's throat in the 2008 game. Yet, for some reason, Anae decided to all but abandon the run in favor of passing. And, well, that led to 5 interceptions. In this last game against Boise State, we kept trying to run the ball and went nowhere for the entire first half and part of the 3rd quarter. In fact, we had negative yards at half time if I remember right. I'm not saying we shouldn't have been combining the run and pass but it seems Anae's playbook is rather vanilla when it comes to the run. I swear 80% of his plays are right up the middle. And he'll keep doing it until hell freezes over, even if it's not working. I think the better coaches we play against, especially those familiar with BYU like Whittingham and Patterson, find Anae predictable and are able to shut him down fairly easily.
But since we won the Boise game, and you say you credit coaches when they win, I'm guessing this constitutes as praise from you?
http://cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18756&p=214660&hilit=Despite#p214660" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18756&hilit=Despite&start=20#p214393" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18756&hilit=Despite&start=30#p214404" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;