Archived Topic

If someone told me last summer.....

by frdbtr · 9/20/2015

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
If someone told me last summer that we would lose Jamaal Williams for the season before fall camp, and that we would lose Taysom Hill for the season 3 drives into the first game, and that Tanner Mangum would be the starting QB 3 months removed from his mission and that we would be 2-1 after the UCLA game having lost by 1 point, I would have called you the most blue goggled fan on the planet.



Tanner Mangum is special. This kid has ice water in his veins even with the interception that ended the game, I have not lost any faith in him. In fact I am more optimistic than ever. I expected some serious growing pains from a freshman. He has exceeded all expectations of everyone this year IMO. If he plays 4 years at BYU (a huge question now that he is playing so well), he is going to shatter every passing record for a QB at BYU.
M
mormonrasta
frdbtr wrote:
If someone told me last summer that we would lose Jamaal Williams for the season before fall camp, and that we would lose Taysom Hill for the season 3 drives into the first game, and that Tanner Mangum would be the starting QB 3 months removed from his mission and that we would be 2-1 after the UCLA game having lost by 1 point, I would have called you the most blue goggled fan on the planet.



Tanner Mangum is special. This kid has ice water in his veins even with the interception that ended the game, I have not lost any faith in him. In fact I am more optimistic than ever. I expected some serious growing pains from a freshman. He has exceeded all expectations of everyone this year IMO. If he plays 4 years at BYU (a huge question now that he is playing so well), he is going to shatter every passing record for a QB at BYU.


Couldn't agree more.



I was hoping for a 2-2 start with Taysom and Jamaal. I was really fearing 0-4.



Tanner is awesome, and I pray he stays healthy.
C
Cougs_Rule
If BYU can regroup and handle a loss and go get a win in Michigan, 3-1 in Sept is better than most predicted, all but the bluest-goggled fans.

GO COUGS! Winning in Ann Arbor would be almost epic. Beating Harbaugh would be priceless.
F
Fido
Seriously. Many were predicting BYU would emerge from week 4 with an 0-4 record. Or maybe 1-3 at best. Getting 2 wins is good. 3 wins would be incredible for the team given the circumstances so far.
T
tmoney35
Even losing 3 incredible players, this team has certainly exceeded expectations. Just imagine if we had Hill, Williams and Tuiloma....



Still, the future is bright!
Advertisement
S
Screamineagle
Cougs_Rule wrote:
If BYU can regroup and handle a loss and go get a win in Michigan, 3-1 in Sept is better than most predicted, all but the bluest-goggled fans.

GO COUGS! Winning in Ann Arbor would be almost epic. Beating Harbaugh would be priceless.

I am willing to admit I said 2-2 and that was before the injuries.So why does 2-1 all of sudden seem so bad? They had it and it got away thats why. That is why it is so frustrating.Its easy to forget They are young men.They are great young men and I a am proud to be a fan.I hope they go to Michigan and thrash them.3-1 would be fantastic. Go Cougs and keep representing us well.
F
frdbtr
Screamineagle wrote:
If BYU can regroup and handle a loss and go get a win in Michigan, 3-1 in Sept is better than most predicted, all but the bluest-goggled fans.

GO COUGS! Winning in Ann Arbor would be almost epic. Beating Harbaugh would be priceless.

I am willing to admit I said 2-2 and that was before the injuries.So why does 2-1 all of sudden seem so bad? They had it and it got away thats why. That is why it is so frustrating.Its easy to forget They are young men.They are great young men and I a am proud to be a fan.I hope they go to Michigan and thrash them.3-1 would be fantastic. Go Cougs and keep representing us well.


I agree. The loss to UCLA when we controlled the game for 3.5 quarters is very disappointing. I have to admit though, I am not angry at the loss. UCLA is a good team and they simply took the win away from us. Everyone out there playing the blame game is wrong. Yes, the team made mistakes but UCLA, when they had to, made the plays to win. Simple as that.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.