Archived Topic

Great piece about TM on College Game Day

by Ygridiron4ever · 9/19/2015

Advertisement
Y
Ygridiron4ever
"Sometimes the football gods send a gift from heaven!" I woke up just in time to see that really good segment about Tanner Mangum. Hope you all get a chance to catch it.



And props to the dude with the giant "Y" sign.



Never surprised when the hosts ultimately find some way (ways) to diss BYU.
Y
Ygridiron4ever
Thanks for posting the link, Ungoy. It was fun to watch it again.



The Game Day piece had an extra two or three minutes of live talk. One of the coaches from the Under Armour game in 2011 talked about how impressed he was that after a couple quarterbacks on the red team got injured, Tanner volunteered to switch teams at half and play for coaches and with players he hadn't practiced with. Showed an uncommon selflessness.



So many cool stories about Tanner. Not lost among the tales of his character are the stories of his knowledge of, desire for, and talent in football. I am totally in the camp of "Tanner has IT!"



I just bought plane and game tickets to bring my son to the Cincy game.



I am prepared for a loss today, because (this is just me talking now) for the first time in a while I don't think a loss will spell doom.



I think Yzazz wrote in one post that the national championship talk (rhetoric) is noticeably absent. So a loss to a "better" team won't sting.



But the worst traveling experience I've had was going to the rose bowl to watch BYU in 1993. Bruin fans were aweful to us that day. So IF the Cougs win today, I won't be much good at work next week!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.