Archived Topic

Charles West was at the Boise State game too?

by Fido · 9/17/2015

Advertisement
F
Fido
644503613801299968

642934884764291073
E
EM_Puma
Well, then he must still be on our radar, which we've heard rumblings of, but often hard to discern what is fact or fiction. I hope it works out for him.
B
blue42
The last I heard was he was going to enroll at BYU in January, but that was probably 1 month ago that I heard that.
H
HoosierCougar
wrubell (IIRC) tweeted out that January is still the plan and Bronco expects that.
S
Stirfry
And jswaggs mom seems to still be putting out tweets supportive of BYU and indicating he's coming back. It'd be great to see both of them make it (or make it back).



Has Wests legal issues been resolved?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
F
Fido
The rumors I was reading on various newspaper/social media (take them as just rumors as I have no evidence to back them up with except newspaper articles discussing the original charges which can be googled) is that West admitted to calling the alleged victim for foot fetish services for a cost of $160. However, he did not have the money to pay for the service when she arrived and this sparked the conflict. West was the one to call police as things escalated. This is where the versions of what happened varies.

The aggravated assault/sexual assault charges were based on he said/she said testimony. The alleged victim initially refused a medical exam to gather evidence and is no longer cooperating with police in the matter. The stories also initially say he was charged with possession of marijuana but I have heard nothing about the charge since the initial story so I don't know if that ever stuck (maybe that is where the rumors that the gunshot incident in July was over a weed debt came from?).

But rumor was without cooperation from the alleged victim, they don't have much of a case to go on. So they may be pleading this out as a first-offense soliciting charge as that is the only thing both sides confirmed happened. It would not require any jail time to resolve.

I've not found any public record indicating this but it would make sense if that were true because otherwise I don't think he would be at the football game with the team but I suppose he could have just been there as a regular fan who bought a ticket. And unless he was confident things were getting resolved I don't think Mendenhall would have mentioned a January date and 2016 spring football as a possibility.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.