Archived Topic

Lapuaho receives no suspension from CFOW

by Mars · 9/15/2015

Advertisement
M
Mars


"Late Monday night, BYU announced that it had received notification from CFO West regarding the foul called on Lapuaho, and that no suspension was being levied by that organization."




http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/byusports/2950403-155/byu-football-lapuaho-wont-be-suspended?fullpage=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Also, Preator is suspended from UCLA due to a violation of team rules.

RB Francis Bernard (broken finger) is considered "Possible" for the game.
E
EM_Puma
I'm still not certain how I feel about this. I understand this stuff happens and we usually don't see it, but when it's on national TV, it's hard to look like we took it seriously. Heck, if I would have gotten caught doing 1/3 of the stuff I got away with as a kid, I'd have had a black and blue posterior, but I was smart enough to not get caught much at all. When you get caught, you pay the piper because sometimes its to make up for the stuff you didn't get caught doing that you were still guilty for.



The lack of at least 1/2 game suspension paints a negative pic of BYU in my view.
A
ABYUFAN
EM_Puma wrote:
I'm still not certain how I feel about this. I understand this stuff happens and we usually don't see it, but when it's on national TV, it's hard to look like we took it seriously. Heck, if I would have gotten caught doing 1/3 of the stuff I got away with as a kid, I'd have had a black and blue posterior, but I was smart enough to not get caught much at all. When you get caught, you pay the piper because sometimes its to make up for the stuff you didn't get caught doing that you were still guilty for.



The lack of at least 1/2 game suspension paints a negative pic of BYU in my view.

I've seen some people talk about a 6 games suspension, the problem with any public discipline is that you'll never please everybody. My son plays water polo an laughs at the artificial hand wringing going on over this non-issue. This is nothing more than a vocal group of people unhappy with BYU's success to start the season. This type of thing happens literally every game. Pease everybody stop pretending that this is anything more than it is



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
It's been looked at and decided; it's old news; let's all move on.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Schmoe wrote:
It's been looked at and decided; it's old news; let's all move on.

It's Heaps' fault...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
Gunk wrote:
It's been looked at and decided; it's old news; let's all move on.

It's Heaps' fault...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I thought we were blaming everything on Ben Olson this week? :skeptic:
S
SpiffCoug
snoscythe wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
It's been looked at and decided; it's old news; let's all move on.

It's Heaps' fault...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I thought we were blaming everything on Ben Olson this week? :skeptic:

Makes sense since we're playing UCLA this week
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.