Archived Topic

TV on Fox Sports 1

by sage · 9/14/2015

Advertisement
S
sage
Re: UCLA opens as a 14 to 16 1/2 point favorite



Postby byufan4ever » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:33 am

This game is slotted for TV on Fox Sports 1. Any chance that it will be aired on Fox's main over-the-air channel? Does the regular Fox channel have the option to pick up games from the Fox Sports channel?



I cut the cord earlier this year and now have Sling TV but I mostly just have the ESPN channels + over the air. Thanks.


How do you even get Fox Sports 1. I don't know anyone who even gets this. Who has it?
T
trueblue72
I have it... Didn't it just replace the old fox sports?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
trueblue72 wrote:
I have it... Didn't it just replace the old fox sports?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Nope. Replaced the Speed Channel.
B
byufan4ever
So anyone know if there's a chance it will be shown on the regular over-the-air Fox channel? I imagine that they have the ability to move sports games between channels like ESPN does. With this now being between two ranked teams I wonder if maybe Fox moves it to their regular channel to get more views?? What do you think?
G
Guest
byufan4ever wrote:
So anyone know if there's a chance it will be shown on the regular over-the-air Fox channel? I imagine that they have the ability to move sports games between channels like ESPN does. With this now being between two ranked teams I wonder if maybe Fox moves it to their regular channel to get more views?? What do you think?


I think they are desperately trying to build their brand, so I think they're rejoicing this is going to be on FS1.
Advertisement
B
blue42
At least we won't have to hear some ESPN chick sideline reporter call Tanner "Magnum" all game long!
B
BlueK
byufan4ever wrote:
So anyone know if there's a chance it will be shown on the regular over-the-air Fox channel? I imagine that they have the ability to move sports games between channels like ESPN does. With this now being between two ranked teams I wonder if maybe Fox moves it to their regular channel to get more views?? What do you think?


One problem is that the Pac 12 TV contract is a complicated arrangement involving both Fox and ESPN, so it's not flexible with moving games around after the fact.
H
HoosierCougar
FS1 is on my DirecTV package and I think it's included on all but the most basic packages as well. It's 216 or 219. Too lazy to look it up.
P
Phatgreen
I have a smart tv with the Amazon Firestick. I loaded the Fox Sports app on there and can stream it. It's Fox's version of WatchESPN. No need for cable or satellite. You can also stream it online. Of course, you DO need a username and password of someone who does have cable or satellite. I use my brother's.
C
CAFB_04-12
I get it with the sports pack on FIOS
Advertisement
D
dank80
I've got it on Dish Network's basic package.
S
Schmoe
dank80 wrote:
I've got it on Dish Network's basic package.


What channel number?
B
blue42
Schmoe wrote:
I've got it on Dish Network's basic package.


What channel number?


I too would like to know I have dish top 150 and I don't have it.
Y
Ygridiron4ever
Luckily I am able to watch it on my ipad through the DirecTV app. I'm stuck in El Paso and would miss the game otherwise.
B
BYULV
Anyone know how ratings for Utah v USU compared to BYU V BSU.
Advertisement
D
dank80
blue42 wrote:
dank80 wrote:
I've got it on Dish Network's basic package.


What channel number?


I too would like to know I have dish top 150 and I don't have it.


It's on channel 150. My wife tells me she thinks we have the top 250 package. So maybe it's not the most basic level. Not totally sure. But it's definitely FS1.
S
Schmoe
Yeah, I've got top 150 and I don't have it. Assuming it'll be on at the Cougar Corner Cave though (Hawkwing)?
G
Guest
Assuming I don't head to the game, which I give myself about a 20% chance of doing.
S
Schmoe
hawkwing wrote:
Assuming I don't head to the game, which I give myself about a 20% chance of doing.


Even if you do, I'm still going to find a way in and watch it at your place :crazy:
M
Mars


I'm pretty sure I get it at my place. I'll double-check... Thursday.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.