Archived Topic

Best LES atmosphere I've ever been in

by Stirfry · 9/14/2015

Advertisement
S
Stirfry
I've often said the best LES atmosphere I can remember was the Texas A&M game in the mid 90s. The stadium after that game winning catch somehow sticks in my head more than the U, USU,Texas, Notre dame, Penn State games. I was at Miami but I was only about 10 so I don't remember it too well.



Saturday was unlike any other. After the Nebraska game to have the game end with another bomb to put the fans into a frenzy and then the pick 6 to put everyone in to absolute fandamonium was incredible. The city was nuts. Cars honking, people yelling and running around. It reminded me of Stockton beating Houston to send the Jazz to the finals.



A huge benefit of the late start is I can't remember the stadium being that full at kickoff. I love the whiteout/royal outs (could do without all white Unis and blackouts) for how well it shows up.



Luckily this was a game my wife came to. Hopefully it buys me more brownie points for future season ticket purchases! :crazy:



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
MesaCougFan
Amen Brother! It was electric!
B
blue42
Unfortunately it got a little quiet during the 3rd QT, except for the obnoxious Donkey fans sitting by us!
C
Cougs_Rule
Credit admin for putting out about 25 thousand white t-shirts! it sucks that ticket prices have to go up to pay for crap fans who need a crutch, but the end effect was awesome. Best i have ever seen interms of all one color.
M
MesaCougFan
Another thing that I think is cool is the $7 refillable novelty cup. I've never been to a stadium where if you buy the cup, you can refill it as many times as you want for free. That is way cool!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
G
Guest
MesaCougFan wrote:
Another thing that I think is cool is the $7 refillable novelty cup. I've never been to a stadium where if you buy the cup, you can refill it as many times as you want for free. That is way cool!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Very true, and I have bought a 32oz soda before at a college stadium that cost $10. No free refills.
B
blue42
MesaCougFan wrote:
Another thing that I think is cool is the $7 refillable novelty cup. I've never been to a stadium where if you buy the cup, you can refill it as many times as you want for free. That is way cool!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


yep but the down side to the refillable cup is having to walk all the way down to the main level to relieve yourself, while missing game time! ;)
S
Stirfry
blue42 wrote:
Another thing that I think is cool is the $7 refillable novelty cup. I've never been to a stadium where if you buy the cup, you can refill it as many times as you want for free. That is way cool!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


yep but the down side to the refillable cup is having to walk all the way down to the main level to relieve yourself, while missing game time! ;)

Not if you buy 2 novelty cups :blush: Just don't mix them up!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BoiseBYU
Stirfry wrote:
MesaCougFan wrote:
Another thing that I think is cool is the $7 refillable novelty cup. I've never been to a stadium where if you buy the cup, you can refill it as many times as you want for free. That is way cool!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


yep but the down side to the refillable cup is having to walk all the way down to the main level to relieve yourself, while missing game time! ;)

Not if you buy 2 novelty cups :blush: Just don't mix them up!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Cue dumb and dumber and the highway patrol cop......
E
EM_Puma
Stirfry wrote:
A huge benefit of the late start is I can't remember the stadium being that full at kickoff. I love the whiteout/royal outs (could do without all white Unis and blackouts) for how well it shows up.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


We still had 2 different couples arrive to their seats beside us at the end of the 1st quarter. My son did note that it was better, but I still have to roll my eyes at people that cannot arrive to a 8:15 PM start time on a Saturday. I imagine their scheme was to come a little late to avoid traffic and yeah, that probably worked this time.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.