Archived Topic

Nacua MVP

by BoiseBYU · 9/13/2015

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Three picks one pick six one set up a TD and some other stops. Wow



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
R
redneckjedi
He just had to take that last one to the house. My score prediction was 28-23...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
Unsung hero of the game = Tuni Kanuch coming off the bench in the second half and getting our run-blocking on point.
C
Cougs_Rule
What,? Hello. Mitch Jurgens, 176 yards, two TDs, game-winning catch. should beCo-MVPs.

I did not know about Tuni. Thanks a lot. I don't often watch lineman on O very much.
T
trueblue72
snoscythe wrote:
Unsung hero of the game = Tuni Kanuch coming off the bench in the second half and getting our run-blocking on point.




I noticed the same thing... Ului and tuni on the right side are a good team



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Cougs_Rule wrote:
What,? Hello. Mitch Jurgens, 176 yards, two TDs, game-winning catch. should beCo-MVPs.

I did not know about Tuni. Thanks a lot. I don't often watch lineman on O very much.

Dang. You may have me there :). In my defense I have Nacua saving a TD with the first interception, setting up a TD with the second and scoring on the third. But you're right and if I could add that Homer giff of him backing into the hedge, I'd do that too
C
Cougs_Rule
For sure amazing. Forgot about saving the TD. Just more evidence that both deserve co-mvp
B
blue42
snoscythe wrote:
Unsung hero of the game = Tuni Kanuch coming off the bench in the second half and getting our run-blocking on point.


Another unsung hero, did you notice they put Ho Ching as the lead blocker back in the second half? He had a couple of good blocks as well.
B
blue42
redneckjedi wrote:
He just had to take that last one to the house. My score prediction was 28-23...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Bummer!! He should have listen to Bronco and dropped to the turf. It was funny seeing Bronco on that pick very animated telling Nacua to get down.
B
byufan4ever
blue42 wrote:
He just had to take that last one to the house. My score prediction was 28-23...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Bummer!! He should have listen to Bronco and dropped to the turf. It was funny seeing Bronco on that pick very animated telling Nacua to get down.


That makes me sad. Take it to the house every frickin' time!! You can't even count that as running up the score. Sure, sure, we could have kept possession and ran out the clock...Um no, TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE!
Advertisement
J
Jarhead
The best thing to do is just fall down with the ball. Then the offense kneels it to win the game. There is always the chance that the defender can fumble it back to the other team on the return (this has happened to us before). However, since Nacua scored the touchdown, Nevermind :)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
H
HoosierCougar
The whole time I'm yelling "get down, get down!" with images of Brandon Bradley running through my head. Apparently Bronco and I were on the same page. ;)
G
Guest
HoosierCougar wrote:
The whole time I'm yelling "get down, get down!" with images of Brandon Bradley running through my head. Apparently Bronco and I were on the same page. ;)


My wife wondered why I was saying to take a knee, too. For that exact reason. But I trust Nacua now.
C
Cougs_Rule
Yes. Very risky. Had he fumbled and we lost the game....
B
blue42
To be fair to Nacua, my seats are in the North end zone and had a pretty good view of the field, and after he picked it off there was a lot of green space and white jerseys in front of him, I don't fault him for not taking a knee.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
HoosierCougar wrote:
...Brandon Bradley...
You mean that time when Bradley got the pick and was down, then fumbled, and they still gave the ball to utah?
C
Cougarfan87
I was yelling "Get down!" too. It's what all the cool cats were saying. 8)



And him carrying it like a loaf of bread didn't help matters. But, though getting down may be the safer play, his was definitely the more exciting play. Also, not often mentioned is the fact that there can be a fumble exchange from center to QB.



I wonder if anyone has ever run the numbers to see how often a pick is fumbled back to the other side versus how often a victory formation fumble happens. My guess would be the latter is far rarer, but I have nothing to base that off of other then my many years of watching football and never recalling a single victory formation fumble. But that is ancectdotal selective bias sampling.



Great overall game by Nacua.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
"To the hooooooouuuuuuusse!!!!!!!"



The elation and crazy is good for confidence in the players themselves.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
H
HoosierCougar
BroncoBot wrote:
...Brandon Bradley...
You mean that time when Bradley got the pick and was down, then fumbled, and they still gave the ball to utah?


yeah, that... which yielded the Greg Wrubell soundbite, "NO!" that local media drop occasionally.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.