Archived Topic

Never Forget

by Schmoe · 9/11/2015

Advertisement
S
Schmoe
I know September 11 isn't until tomorrow, but it's weighing heavy on my heart this evening. I will be forever grateful for those who gave all for our country, both on that day and afterwards. The fact that I get to work a job without fearing for my life, that I get to go home to my wife and children and hug them and hold them close every night is dear and precious to me and I owe it all to brave individuals who consciously and bravely choose to risk losing life, limb, and undergoing experiences that could alter them for the rest of their lives.



There's been a mountain of criticism heaped on W Bush, but no president since WWII, and a very select few throughout our country's history, has faced such a tumultuous tenure.



I like to think of myself as a casual wordsmith with the ability to weave words with some beauty and eloquence, but nothing I can compile could come close to doing justice to describe the cocktail of emotions -- sorrow, patriotism, gratitude, admiration, love -- that fills my being on this day.



I encourage everyone to find some time to meditate, reflect, pray, etc. tomorrow and reaffirm your love of country, your gratitude for freedom and safety, and your recognition of the blessings you have.



I hope this hasn't come across as sappy or preachy. I love you guys. God bless America!
J
jvquarterback
Schmoe wrote:
There's been a mountain of criticism heaped on W Bush, but no president since WWII, and a very select few throughout our country's history, has faced such a tumultuous tenure.


The tragedy of 9/11 brought us closer together for a time and I'm grateful for those who helped those injured in New York but it is shameful to continue to use that tragedy to defend in any way the even greater tragedy caused by the foreign policy of the past two US presidents.



Ronald Reagan and John Kennedy both faced greater challenges and both did a much better job. They were up against half the world and managed (far better than the two most recent presidents) to avoid unnecessary conflict. GWB on the other hand, was up against a group of at most 100 thugs he could have destroyed in a couple months if he and his cabinet hadn't been so interested in starting a never ending war in the middle east.
B
BoiseBYU
Thanks Schmoe. I will never forget. Never.
S
SpiffCoug
I got to substitute for a 6th grade class today. I read aloud "The Man with the Red Bandana" and "A Man Walked on a Wire" to the class. I have to admit that I choked up and got teary eyed at the end of both books.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.