Archived Topic

Game Day Cell Improvements

by hawkwing · 9/11/2015

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
That was nice of Duff to let you share the news with us.
G
Guest
He's good like that. And then he goes and emails it to everyone right after telling me. SMH.
S
snoscythe
I get bugged by the wi-fi excuse "that's a lot of money for a facility that only gets used ~8x a year."



LES is the most underutilized facility on campus. If they would use it as a revenue generating asset outside of football games and Stadium of Fire, they could make some decent coin hosting concerts etc. Instead, they limit it to football games, SoF, and quilting bees. The facility is sitting there year round. You might as well use it.
E
EM_Puma
I was in a meeting two years ago with Sprint and they wanted to bring in a COW then, but were not permitted. I'm glad someone finally sees the importance of this.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
snoscythe wrote:
I get bugged by the wi-fi excuse "that's a lot of money for a facility that only gets used ~8x a year."



LES is the most underutilized facility on campus. If they would use it as a revenue generating asset outside of football games and Stadium of Fire, they could make some decent coin hosting concerts etc. Instead, they limit it to football games, SoF, and quilting bees. The facility is sitting there year round. You might as well use it.


You forgot the EFY dances they have at the stadium during the summer. I know I've seen them on the schedule during BYU Education week, but I've never quite understood where at the LES they actually stage these dances.
R
redneckjedi
EM_Puma wrote:
I get bugged by the wi-fi excuse "that's a lot of money for a facility that only gets used ~8x a year."



LES is the most underutilized facility on campus. If they would use it as a revenue generating asset outside of football games and Stadium of Fire, they could make some decent coin hosting concerts etc. Instead, they limit it to football games, SoF, and quilting bees. The facility is sitting there year round. You might as well use it.


You forgot the EFY dances they have at the stadium during the summer. I know I've seen them on the schedule during BYU Education week, but I've never quite understood where at the LES they actually stage these dances.


Sadly, I witnessed one of these on my way home from campus during a summer semester. They did it in the concourse underneath the south bleachers. It was the single largest collection of teenage awkwardness I have ever personally witnessed.
B
BYUBALLIN
I don't get why this is needed so bad. I hate going to games seeing people with there face planted in the phone all game. Sorry this is a waste of resources. Why not use this money for game day giveaways shirts based on games. Blackout shirts with saying on it about who we r playing. Stadium seats for the endzones.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Stirfry
Hawk you may need to place a call to Duff and tell him his cow died on the way to the stadium. I literally couldn't connect to anything online and most people's text were barely working or not working at all.



As far as a waste of resources it's a cost of doing business for an entertainment industry. For people like me byu could fix the problem for free by showing more stats and scores. (Which they actually are doing finally) and more replays (which it's still one and done). However the teenage girls we sat next to represented two filled seats and they weren't checking scores. How many sold ticket does it take to bring in a cow?



There's enough downside to attending the games so something that's an easy fix shouldn't be one of them.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars


What was the attendance? How many empty seats?
Advertisement
S
scott715
Looked full and said it was a sell out.
G
Guest
Mars wrote:


What was the attendance? How many empty seats?

Sellout according to Wrubell.
S
Stirfry
It was very full. If not a sellout it was within 500 but I'd bet it was legitimately full (as compared to a sellout but not attended game...)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.