Archived Topic

Rooting Guide Week 2

by scott715 · 9/10/2015

Advertisement
S
scott715
http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=14539044" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



The goals for BYU are:



1. To win the National Championship

2. To go to a NY6 bowl game

3. To achieve the highest ranking possible

4. To win as many games as possible

5. To be bowl eligible and play the best bowl team possible

6. To be better than Utah



If you want to see these goals accomplished here is your rooting guide:



A. Cheer for BYU. Duh.



BYU over Boise St.



B. Cheer for the team playing Utah. If we need help from Utah in any way then it is not worth having.



Utah St. over Utah



C. Cheer for BYU’s opponents. This helps SOS.



Cincinnati over Temple

East Carolina over Florida

Fresno St. over #17 Ole Miss

Michigan over Oregon St.

Missouri over Arkansas St.

Nebraska over South Alabama

San Jose St. over Air Force

UCLA over UNLV

UConn over Army

Wagner BYE



D. Cheer for teams playing teams ranked ahead of BYU. If both teams are ranked cheer for the team with more probable losses in their future (Of course rules A-C trump rule D).



Hawaii over #1 Ohio St.

MTSU over #2 Alabama

Stephen F. Austin over #3 TCU

Lamar over #4 Baylor

Jacksonville St. over #6 Auburn

#5 Michigan St. over #7 Oregon (Mich St. has 2 common opponents with us while Oregon has none)

Idaho over #8 USC

Virginia over #9 Notre Dame

Vanderbilt over #10 Georgia

South Florida over #11 Florida St.

Appalachian St. over #12 Clemson

#25 Mississippi St. over #14 LSU (Miss St. also plays Missouri)

Tulane over #15 Georgia Tech

Ball St. over #16 Texas A&M

Toledo over #18 Arkansas

#23 Tennessee over #19 Oklahoma (Tennessee also has Missouri on the schedule)

Nevada over #22 Arizona



E. Cheer for our Opponents’ opponents unless they are playing our opponents. This helps our SOS in virtually every SOS calculation. The more connected a team is to our opponents the more you should cheer for them (unless it violates rules A-D). For example, UNLV is the most connected team to our opponents as they play 5 games against them (UCLA, Michigan, SJSU, Fresno St., Boise St.). The number by the team indicates how connected they are. If the numbers are equal take the team who has lost or will most likely lose to our opponents.



Arizona St. over Cal Poly

Colorado over Umass

Colorado St. (3) over Minnesota

Houston (2) over Louisville

Illinois over Western Illinois

Indiana over Florida International

Iowa over Iowa St.

Kentucky over South Carolina

Maryland over Bowling Green

Memphis over Kansas

Miami (2) over Florida Atlantic

Miami OH over Wisconsin

New Mexico (3) over Tulsa

Northwestern (2) over Eastern Illinois

Penn St. over Buffalo

Purdue over Indiana St.

Rice over Texas

Rutgers (2) over Washington St.

San Diego St. (3) over Cal

SMU over North Texas

Southern Miss over Austin Peay

UCF (3) over Stanford

Virginia Tech over Furman

Washington (2) over Sacramento St.

Wyoming (2) over Eastern Michigan



F. Cheer for “nonP5” over P5 (unless it violates rules A-E)



Akron over Pitt

UTSA over Kansas St.

UTEP over Texas Tech



G. Cheer for the FCS team. Because it is fun (unless it violates rules A-E)



Central Arkansas over Oklahoma St.

Charleston Southern over Troy

Delaware St. over Kent St.

Eastern Kentucky over NC St.

Howard over Boston College

Monmouth over Central Michigan

Murray St. over Northern Illinois

Nicholls St. over Louisiana Monroe

Norfolk St. over Old Dominion

North Carolina Central over Duke

Northwestern St. over Louisiana Lafayette

Prairie View A&M

Presbyterian over Charlotte



H. It really doesn’t matter



Georgia St. vs. New Mexico St.

Louisiana Tech vs. Western Kentucky

Marshall vs. Ohio

Wake Forest vs. Syracuse

Western Michigan vs. Georgia Southern
U
urroner
Scott, Scott, Scott, I refuse to follow you guidelines for whom to root for or against. You came across like my second ex-wife, who comes across as the Five Man Electrical Band:
Sign, sign, everywhere a sign. Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind.

Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?

She doesn't even say "please," AND NEITHER DID YOU. Were you raised in a barn??



Though, unlike Brumhilda, you do have some logic behind what you said, so after a lot of soul searching, prayer, and some severe fasting, a couple of minutes worth, Moroni, in our weekly PEC, has told me that A is scripture and should be made p..art of TPofGP next month, but it probably won't become some of the General Authorities are dye in the red Puke fans. Moroni really didn't say that, though he did mention wolves in sheep clothing. We both agreed that they needed to be rooted out and suffer defenestration from the top of the Church Offices in SLC. The Lord rolled his eyes a bit and told us to cool it a bit. He said something about longsuffering for fools. We don't know if he meant them Yewts when he said fools or if he meant us. We inquired, but all he did was smile and turn away.



Okay, B makes sense also. Brigham Young had to convince me of that. He also said something about suffering fools. I thought he might have meant you, but I was him and the Lord giggling off to the side and looking at me and laughing even harder. Sometimes these PEC meetings are so unproductive, at least when I'm there. I don't know what their problem is.



I"m even being forced to accept C through G as "translated" by you. I don't know what they meant by "translated"? When I asked, they all just smiled and said that unlike you, I wasn't worthy yet. What the......? How could I, the mostest humblest person everest not be worthy.



The problem with H, and there is only one minor problem is you don't seem to care if an SEC team wins or loses. Dude, and that's what Michael/Adam called you, anytime an SEC can lose,we should be rooting for that, as long as it doesn't interfere with A-G.



See, you ain't as perfect as you thought you were. You have a long way to go until you're as perfect and as humble as me.



I even had a bishop tell me that I was sooooo humble, that if I didn't remind him day in and day out of just how damn humble I am, he'd probably not notice it. Lucky for him I did....constantly.



I apologize for comparing you to my ex, I know that was cruel, but it was necessary. I'm just trying to help there buddy.
S
scott715
Note the link. This guide was not my work but I like it very much and find it helpful, especially later in the year. So my feelings are not hurt that I remind you of your ex.
S
scott715
Auburn wins in OT against Jacksonville St. Bowling Green beats Maryland. Michigan beats the other OSU. Houston beat Louisville. Connecticut gets their 2nd win of the year against Army. CSU leading Minnesota at the half.
S
scott715
CSU still up 4 points in 4th. Toledo leading Arkansas by 9 in the 3rd.
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
Virginia up on Notre Dame late in the 4th.
S
scott715
Minnesota pulled it out against CSU in OT. ND won. Toledo beat Arkansas.
1
1967cougar
I wholly endorse Goal B.
B
BYUBALLIN
Lamar tied with Baylor late 2nd. This could have serious upset Saturday wow



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.